FOR SALE: Dulcephone Pansy gramophone -- $800

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
CharliePhono
Victor III
Personal Text: "The kerosene record player is not a very efficient device." ~Frank Zappa

FOR SALE: Dulcephone Pansy gramophone -- $800

Post by CharliePhono »

As I am seriously downsizing and preparing for a move, I have decided to sell my Dulcephone Pansy gramophone. The motor and tonearm/soundbox assembly was expertly repaired by our own MicaMonster. The machine plays and runs well. As these were likely not expensive machines when new, these are not going to be on a par with a Victor outside horn machine, among others, but for what it is I think it performs very well. I will also include an original Dulcephone needle tin. At present, I am unable to ship the machine, but could certainly hand it off to Jerry B. on his way down to the upcoming meet here in California.

Note that the crank is not original to the machine, but it does present well. Paypal F&F best, but will accept a check or money order.

Forum member Orchosol also has one of these (the only other one I know to exist) and has a video of his playing on his YouTube channel. If I can answer any questions or provide more pics, please drop me a PM. Many thanks.
Attachments
IMG_0969.jpg
IMG_0969.jpg (112.44 KiB) Viewed 532 times
IMG_0967.jpg
IMG_0967.jpg (88.31 KiB) Viewed 632 times
IMG_0966.jpg
IMG_0966.jpg (76.21 KiB) Viewed 632 times
IMG_0965.jpg
IMG_0965.jpg (77.01 KiB) Viewed 632 times

Orchorsol
Victor IV

Re: FOR SALE: Dulcephone Pansy gramophone -- $800

Post by Orchorsol »

Best wishes for the move Charlie, and I hope the Pansy finds a good home. A really rare and interesting machine!
BCN thorn needles made to the original 1920s specifications: http://www.burmesecolourneedles.com

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe4DNb ... TPE-zTAJGg?

CharliePhono
Victor III
Personal Text: "The kerosene record player is not a very efficient device." ~Frank Zappa

Post by CharliePhono »

Orchorsol wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:22 am Best wishes for the move Charlie, and I hope the Pansy finds a good home. A really rare and interesting machine!
Thank you, Andy. Much appreciated!

CharliePhono
Victor III

Post by CharliePhono »

Lower price at $700. This will be the final reduction.

CharliePhono
Victor III

Post by CharliePhono »

Sold.