SOLD: Almost everything for a Victor D/Victor V

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Re: WANTED: Almost everything for a Victor D/Victor V

Post by alang »

I am all for saving machines, but here you don't have a machine, just a part (the case). From that perspective, I would first try and offer the case here in the Yankee Trader to see if someone has a Victor 5 with a damaged case who could use yours to make it a nice machine. Your chances of completing this uphill battle will be slim and in the best case end with an overpriced machine with lots of replica parts. Don't get me wrong, I wish you the best of luck, but I've been there too often. Sorry for being the party pooper :oops:

Andreas

john9ten
Victor II

Post by john9ten »

JeffR1 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:47 pm
john9ten wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:37 am
JeffR1 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:40 pm Here's an elbow I just bought and paid 195.00US for it, if you can find one, there are cast aluminum reproductions out there, but they are thick.

There is someone making really good repros of nickel plated brass that are like the originals, not thick like the earlier repros, if I can only remember who it is! Thanks for the info!

JOhn
One of the guys died from Covid according to an eBay seller in Peru, another place (probably APSCO)has no stock and they said they won't be getting any more.

http://www.antiquephono.com/victor.htm

EDIT:
I dug through my emails and this is from a Patti Valente of APSCO.

"With regrets, we do not have any elbows in stock and are not sure that we can replace the inventory any time soon.
Thank you for your inquiry".
You're right. It was Sitko that I got them from. Damn.

john9ten
Victor II

Post by john9ten »

alang wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:35 pm I am all for saving machines, but here you don't have a machine, just a part (the case). From that perspective, I would first try and offer the case here in the Yankee Trader to see if someone has a Victor 5 with a damaged case who could use yours to make it a nice machine. Your chances of completing this uphill battle will be slim and in the best case end with an overpriced machine with lots of replica parts. Don't get me wrong, I wish you the best of luck, but I've been there too often. Sorry for being the party pooper :oops:

Andreas
HI Andreas

You are probably right, it is an uphill battle. I can see it completed in my mind, but the time and expense might not be worth it. If you were me would you offer it with the top removed, since it is cut out and would not accept the motor as is?

John

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

Every once in awhile I see a semi junker VTLA and I think about taking the motor from it, I believe it is the same one.

John
Every VTLA I've seen had the Victor V type motor. Sorry...

Jerry B.

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

john9ten wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:51 am
alang wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:35 pm I am all for saving machines, but here you don't have a machine, just a part (the case). From that perspective, I would first try and offer the case here in the Yankee Trader to see if someone has a Victor 5 with a damaged case who could use yours to make it a nice machine. Your chances of completing this uphill battle will be slim and in the best case end with an overpriced machine with lots of replica parts. Don't get me wrong, I wish you the best of luck, but I've been there too often. Sorry for being the party pooper :oops:

Andreas
HI Andreas

You are probably right, it is an uphill battle. I can see it completed in my mind, but the time and expense might not be worth it. If you were me would you offer it with the top removed, since it is cut out and would not accept the motor as is?

John
I would offer it as is, should anyone be interested they could still decide what to do with the top. And why would you want to keep it? Again, I don't have any skin in the game, just my thoughts.

Good luck whatever you decide!
Andreas

john9ten
Victor II

Post by john9ten »

Andreas
Hi

I have sold the case. Actually someone only wanted the tag but I didn't want to separate them.

John

john9ten
Victor II

Post by john9ten »

The cabinet has been sold. Thanks!