The Phonograph Shop - Ron Sitko

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
SimpleLifers
Victor O

The Phonograph Shop - Ron Sitko

Post by SimpleLifers »

Greetings Everyone,

My wife Julie and I were fortunate enough to acquire Ron Sitko's parts and service business.

For those of you that do not know us personally, we live in Midland NC, where I have maintained a very small Victrola repair shop, and have been president of The Carolina's Antique Music & Phonograph Society for the past several years.

I have a deep passion for all aspects of our collective hobby and want to help sustain it's growth and interests. Oh and I have a 'small' crush on a little lady named Miss Ada Jones. Anyone that knows me can attest to this :)

As for the business, I have always admired Ron and his contributions to our hobby. The impact his passing caused will be felt for years to come. No one could fully replace Ron and his experience. I have spoken to Carolyn several times, she is doing well and is delighted that I will be taking over.

I intend to maintain the business in a very similar manner to Ron's blueprint. My motto is always, if it's not broke, don't fix it. That's said, I do have ideas that I will be putting into action over the short-term but I want to gather feedback from vendors, repair shops, customers and peripheral alliances.

To start with I have purchased the domain name www.thephonographshop.com and can always be reached at brian@thephonographshop.com. The site will be going live in the coming months after I determine how best to manage the relationships.

If you were a repair shop or customer that worked directly with Ron and would like to continue the relationship please feel free to email, text or call me so we can discuss my plans and how best to service your needs. I still have a day job but I will get back to you as soon as possible.

It should take me about a month to move the inventory, assess what is there and get organized. In the meantime, if you are in need of parts please reach out and I will try to make sure you get them as soon as possible. I do plan to create an inventory list so that everyone knows what I have on hand.

I look forward to getting to know each of you.

Sincerely,
Brian Parlier
The Phonograph Shop
brian@thephonographshop.com
(C) 704.995.9142
(H) 704.644.8606

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Re: The Phonograph Shop - Ron Sitko

Post by Curt A »

Congratulations, Brian and Julie... :!: It's nice to know that replacement parts will still be available AND within driving distance. ;)

Good luck with your new business...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

AZ*
Victor IV

Post by AZ* »

This is great news, Brian. Congratulations.

Best wishes with your new venture. We look forward to its success. :rose:
Best regards ... AZ*

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

Congratulations! Glad to see someone carrying on Ron's legacy. :rose:

- Bill

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

This is super news. Thanks for the update. I've done business with Ron and George Vollema both and I never go into a transaction with any expectations, really. If they have or had something I need, I buy it. Shipping charges are what they are.

As far as shipping goes- I'd suggest getting an account with www.pirateship.com for USPS type parcels, and www.parcelmonkey.com for large parcels. Both services can be coupled with pickup at your door. I use both regularly and have been quite pleased with pricing and service.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

rgordon939
Victor V

Post by rgordon939 »

Congratulations Brian on your purchase of Ron’s parts business. I look forward to your website where hopefully you will have all the parts listed and we can purchase them online.

Rich Gordon

outune
Victor IV

Post by outune »

Brian- Thanks for the message about your new "journey". What a wonderful surprise!

For those who have never met Brian, you will quickly come to know him as a personable and knowledgeable collector....and a very nice guy!

I am so pleased, both for you and Julie---and for the hobby. I look forward to doing business in the near future. I'm very small potatoes, so I can promise you won't make frequent trips to the post office with my orders, but I'm confident you will make quick friends with your future customers.
Congrats!!

Brad Abell

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Brian, this is wonderful news!

I don't believe I know you personally, but I look forward to forming a long-standing business relationship with you once you're up and running.

Very best wishes to you in your new endeavor,

George Paul

TinfoilPhono
Victor IV

Post by TinfoilPhono »

This is truly wonderful to read. Congratulations, and especially thank you for stepping up.

cleveland1996
Victor III

Post by cleveland1996 »

Congratulations Brian and Julie!!

I am glad that you are carrying the torch on… I look forward to conversations in the future for parts and supplies!

Many well and good wishes!

Joe Cleveland