The Phonograph Shop - Thanks and Update

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
SimpleLifers
Victor O

The Phonograph Shop - Thanks and Update

Post by SimpleLifers »

Hi All,

First, I would like to thank everyone for the kind comments, emails and phone calls. The show of support has been humbling to say the least.

Everyone is very curious about the progress we have made so thought an update was in order.

Inventory:
We pick up the inventory on Friday and hope to be back in NC by Sunday. We will need a few days to inventory everything and we will unofficially be open for business. We plan to create a pdf of our complete, on-hand, inventory. We will need to sell a bit before new items can be ordered so if something of interest does not appear on the list let us know and we will work it into our first restock orders.

The web site is ready to go just need a complete inventory so we can take pictures, write descriptions and get loaded. We will start with the more common items and add new products from there. An additional item we are trying to figure out is taxes and if/when we need to collect. I am not a tax guy so making sure we are set there. Internet sales tend to complicate matters.

We are setting up an account with stamps.com so tracking will be an option for packages.

Other Matters:
A lot of you have inquired about hours of business and our availability. We do have full-time jobs but hopefully we will have enough avenues of communication to meet everyone’s needs. If you simply want to chat about all things Phonographs or place orders please do not hesitate to call in the evenings, our email is always an option and of course the website will be open 24/7.

We do plan on attending as many shows as possible. For ones we cannot attend we will still try to accommodate everyone via a proxy when possible.

Again, We would like to thank everyone for all the wonderful feedback and look forward to working with each of you.

Brian and Julie
Attachments
711766E6-B6E4-4C1D-83DA-288D06C16778.jpeg

gramophone78
Victor VI

Re: The Phonograph Shop - Thanks and Update

Post by gramophone78 »

I would recommend posting your site in our "links" section so that members can find it easier as time go on.

SimpleLifers
Victor O

Post by SimpleLifers »

Thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely do that once we go live.

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

Congrats. Looking forward to seeing everything once you're setup.

One recommendation - you might want to set up with pirateship.com for your shipping needs. Same rates as stamps.com but no monthly fees. In some cases - primarily small packages (domestic and international) - pirate ship is usually significantly cheaper.

Phono-Phan
Victor V

Post by Phono-Phan »

This is GREAT news. I look forward to doing business with you.
Ken Brekke

WDC
Victor IV

Post by WDC »

Somehow I had been totally oblivious to this, this is indeed fantastic news, Ron would be proud of you!

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

Go ahead, Boss! :clover: :)
Inigo