WANTED: Spindle Gear For Early Victor 1 - Please See Pictures

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
FellowCollector
Victor IV

WANTED: Spindle Gear For Early Victor 1 - Please See Pictures

Post by FellowCollector »

If you have the gear that I need seen pictured below or know of someone who does have this gear please send me a PM or email message. I've also included a picture of the governor with the worm gear that requires this gear. I'm curious if a spindle gear from another Victor or Victrola model ( early model VV-IV? ) would work. As you can see mine is completely shot. Thanks.

Doug
Attachments
IMG_7931.JPG
IMG_7932.JPG
IMG_7933.JPG

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Re: WANTED: Spindle Gear For Early Victor 1 - Please See Pictures

Post by Lucius1958 »

I do have an early Vic I motor (it came with the beveled turntable & brake); but the governor has the squared-off weights, and the spindle gear is all brass. Do you think it would mesh with your governor?

At the moment, I haven't been able to remove the gear from the spindle, or the governor from its bearings; but I could send you the casting with the spindle and governor...

- Bill

FellowCollector
Victor IV

Re: WANTED: Spindle Gear For Early Victor 1 - Please See Pictures

Post by FellowCollector »

Lucius1958 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:35 pm I could send you the casting with the spindle and governor...
Hey Bill,
Thanks ever so much for your help! I would be very grateful for the casting with the spindle and governor. I will send you a PM pronto. My Victor I has the beveled turntable also.

Thanks again,
Doug