SOLD: Pathé COQUET CYLINDER PHONOGRAPH MINT

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
phonohound
Victor II

Re: FOR SALE: Pathé COQUET CYLINDER PHONOGRAPH MINT

Post by phonohound »

Zapper, I believe my model is different because the halfnut assembly is in the way of the Salon mandrel and I see no way to get around it, but am welcome to suggestions. The sleeve is adjustable, however. Also your bedplate is nickel plated and mine is enameled. See pics
Attachments
20211019_171253.jpg
20211019_171259.jpg
20211019_171321.jpg

Mormon S
Victor III
Personal Text:     Martin     "phono_fluff" on instagram

Post by Mormon S »

zapper wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:30 am Good morning phonohound and drh.
I have retrieved my machine and fitted a salon mandrel and cylinder(cylinders shrink so do not always fit correctly on mandrel) and adjusted the reproducer sleeve and screw to make sure the stylus hits the cylinder at right angles..I cannot play as my reproducer is stripped for rebuild.Atta he'd some photos of set up.
Kind regards Brian
While convenient, the cylinder seems to be dangerously close to the feed screw. If the cylinder varies in thickness or has some wobble, it seems to me like it could easily damage or break the cylinder.

phonohound
Victor II

Post by phonohound »

I am inclined to agree. While the Salon mandrel technically fits, I feel this version is not designed to play the 3" diameter records. The Systeme Verite is what is needed to accomplish this.

Overall, it is more robust than a Columbia Q or Eagle and is more luxurious vs the utilitarian Columbia machines and barely takes any space on a shelf. It sounds as good as any phonograph with a 14" witches hat horn or better.

phonohound
Victor II

Post by phonohound »

bump

phonohound
Victor II

Post by phonohound »

New price is $625.

gramophone78
Victor VI

Post by gramophone78 »

Not sure if you are aware that we have a UK/European Yankee Trader Section. Might do better there.

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Post by gramophoneshane »

gramophone78 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:39 am Not sure if you are aware that we have a UK/European Yankee Trader Section. Might do better there.
I kind of doubt it.
American collectors tend to stick to American machines unless they're high-end or have unual features not available on US machines (like Salon capable).
This is a fairly low end machine similar to an Edison Standard which will always be a 2 min only machine, and although rarer than an Edison or Columbia equivalent, I doubt it will sell for much more than say an Edison Standard B.
Foreign machines are mostly unappreciated by most American collectors, it's as simple as that.

You'd probably do better on eBay in the international market.

Fish
Victor Jr
Personal Text: I can fix it!

Post by Fish »

Not being familiar with Pathé, which cylinders does it play? Also, where in Wisconsin?

phonohound
Victor II

Post by phonohound »

Hi Fish

Thanks for asking. this phonograph plays the any regular size 2 minute cylinder.