FOR SALE: Early Edison Spring Motor - $2500

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Aaron
Victor II

FOR SALE: Early Edison Spring Motor - $2500

Post by Aaron »

Today on offer is a very nice Edison Spring Motor phonograph. I purchased this machine for parts, but can't bring myself to piece is out. The machine is a very honest piece.

This example carries a Class M top works, with beautifully patinaed indented brass mandrel, shaver, and Emerson Clip on the carriage. Pinstriping on the top works is about 60%, but only shadows remain on the bedplate,

The machine runs perfectly. The motor is as powerful as they come, and this example is particularly quiet!

Included with the machine is an automatic reproducer, automatic recorder, period chip brush, and original crank. All came with the machine when I purchased it, and I have no reason to believe they have ever been separated. The recorder and reproducer are both fine, but a fresh rebuild would really make them perfect.

When this machine was shipped to me the seller ignored my shipping instructions, and the motor case was badly damaged. This has since been taken care of and repaired professionally. And when I say professionally, I mean it; the gentleman who did the work retired from Sotheby's furniture department. Spotting the repair is next to impossible. None of the wood has been refinished. It's difficult to capture, but the finish still has excellent color.

The machine also comes with its original full cover lid. Its missing one small piece of veneer, but is otherwise in fantastic original shape.

Please take a look at all the photos, ask questions, and request more pictures if you'd like. The price is $2500 plus (correct!) shipping to your door anywhere in the US. I'd estimate shipping, in at least 3 boxes, costing $100 at most. The machine can also be delivered to Donley's in December at no cost to the buyer.
Attachments
IMG_6510.jpg
IMG_6504.jpg
IMG_6505.jpg
IMG_6507.jpg
IMG_6509.jpg