Victor III motor for sale ?? $150. SOLD SOLD

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
fmblizz
Victor IV

Victor III motor for sale ?? $150. SOLD SOLD

Post by fmblizz »

Listing a motor which came out of an early Victrola,, Double 1 ¼ springs, spiral double cut which appears to be correct according to the Victor Data Book for earlier Vic III's. Runs very good and is quiet.. I was told that this motor will swap out for a Victor III horn machine motor but will probably need a governor rod adjustment . Picked it up years ago at a show in Wayne, NJ and never use it so been sitting. Trying to clean up odds and end.

No crank. Asking $150 plus actual shipping.. will remove motor board to cut down on size unless buyer wants it. No hardware on it..

Please let me know if this information is incorrect so I can pull the listing.

Blizz
Attachments
mtr1.jpg
mtr2.jpg
mtr3.jpg
Last edited by fmblizz on Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gunnarthefeisty
Victor III
Personal Text: Started collecting in August 2020, small collection of records

Re: Victor III motor for sale ?? $150.

Post by gunnarthefeisty »

how are the springs? still pretty good and strong?

fmblizz
Victor IV

Post by fmblizz »

I wound it just holding the motor board and they seemed strong but not being in a case I suppose it's hard to tell.. I didn't put a full wind on it cause it was difficult to hold. No slipping or thumping. Before sending it out I will screw it down to something and give it a full wind.

blizz

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

Just make sure the winding shaft comes out the correct side of the motor. Some of the Victor III style motors used on early Victrolas were reconfigured so the winding shaft came out on the opposite side. Other similar Victor III style motors were mounted under a thin metal plate so the spindle shaft is too short to be used on a Victor III.

Jerry B.

JeffR1
Victor II

Post by JeffR1 »

I need the shaft for my Victor IV, but I need a photo of the top, with out the turntable showing the length of the centre shaft in relation to the motor board.
Thanks

erunltd
Victor II

Post by erunltd »

Pictured is a Victor III motor. See the crank shaft location.
Attachments
Victor III motor 1.jpg

fmblizz
Victor IV

Post by fmblizz »

There were a couple different motors according to the Data Book. I got this years ago from a reputable dealer that is also on this forum which shall remain anonymous. The picture of the motor that ERUNLTS has provided shows a spiral quad cut gear which looks like they were used on later models. The motor I'm offering is a more course spiral double cut. Also the thing that is really puzzling about the picture of the motor above is the type shaft that regulates the governor. From what I see this was not used on any of the Victor III's that appear in the Victor Data book... The Victor III seems to have only used regulators that screwed down onto the governor shaft rod and the motor shown with ERUMLTS post shows a twisted/bent governor shaft rod with a support that were only used with a "Murray Style or Round Style". I can easily see that the exit point of the winding shaft from the motor also has an extension whereas the motor I am offering does not.

I'm at a loss so if anyone else has more input I will be probably be taking the post down today as I do not want to misrepresent the motor..

I have provided an additional picture of the spindle coming through the motor board. The spindle sticks up approx. 2 inches from the opening of the cast metal base.

Blizz

Further review of the Victor Data book pretty much shows that ERUMLTS two spring motor is probably from a Vic IV which did use the "round dial" for the governor adjustment.
Attachments
spindle.jpg
Last edited by fmblizz on Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

gramophone78
Victor VI

Post by gramophone78 »

You may want to use this motor Id link written by Harold Braker.
https://www.antiquephono.org/victorvict ... ld-braker/

fmblizz
Victor IV

Post by fmblizz »

WOW

Thanks,,, great stuff.. Will check it out.

blizz

fmblizz
Victor IV

Post by fmblizz »

SOLD

BLIZZ