FORE SALE: Beautiful Original Condition Columbia BGT Graphophone Phonograph - See it Play!

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
phonohound
Victor II

Re: FORE SALE: Beautiful Original Condition Columbia BGT Graphophone Phonograph - See it Play!

Post by phonohound »

Please note new price $4100

phonohound
Victor II

Re: FORE SALE: Beautiful Original Condition Columbia BGT Graphophone Phonograph - See it Play!

Post by phonohound »

Still available. Offers considered. Really is a nice phonograph, especially with the rare 2/4 minute attachment and plays great.

Thank you

phonohound
Victor II

Post by phonohound »

BGT still available. Feel free to message with any questions.

Thank you

Henry
Victor V

Post by Henry »

Sounds great, but it's playing in the wrong key---too slow---the Trio of The Stars and Stripes Forever should end in the key of A-flat major, IIRC, and this ends in G. That is, a half-step low. It's a tad slower than "standard" march tempo (MM=120), but that's because of the low speed. Otherwise, the performance is excellent, very crisp, clean and accurate. What band? (However, the recording doesn't capture prominently enough the piccolo solo in the last strain.) I'm not nitpicking, these are just my observations, for what they're worth.

phonohound
Victor II

Post by phonohound »

Henry

Thank you for the information you provide. I don't know the name of the band as the 2-minute Indestructible cylinder is unannounced. It sounds great when listening to the recording.

Scott

Henry
Victor V

Post by Henry »

You're welcome, Scott. I like everything about the performance (except for the piccolo) and that band is really top-notch! And your beautiful machine sounds terrific.

phonohound
Victor II

Re: FORE SALE: Beautiful Original Condition Columbia BGT Graphophone Phonograph

Post by phonohound »

Thank you Henry. I have enjoyed this phonograph for many years. Time to let someone else enjoy it.

Perhaps someone out there knows the band that recorded this tune and be willing to share

Thank you

phonohound
Victor II

Post by phonohound »

New Price $3800. Offers considered.

phonohound
Victor II

Post by phonohound »

Sold!