FOUND: VV X Upright Parts

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Granby
Victor II
Personal Text: The Granby Phonograph Historian

FOUND: VV X Upright Parts

Post by Granby »

Greetings! I came across a Victor Victrola X [pretty common floor model] a week or so ago. The price was very low and the seller indicated there had been "no interest" so I was a little worried about its ultimate fate. Plus, it will look neat in my mock showroom I am creating in my house, next to some other Victrola models.

Hey, sometimes the common machines can be just as much fun!

Sorry for the rambling :? I am seeking the following parts to complete this original floor model Victrola.

- One Knob [see picture]
- One Lid Support [see picture]
- One Used Needle Cup [nickel/chrome]

ALSO

- One Used Needle Cup [gold, for another project, my L door]

I figured I would check here first before hopping on ebay or hitting up the online stores/shops. Tare care, everyone!
Attachments
Lid Support VV X.jpg
Lid Support VV X.jpg (8.48 KiB) Viewed 524 times
VV X Knob.jpg
Last edited by Granby on Sun May 15, 2022 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: WANTED: VV X Upright Parts

Post by Jerry B. »

The other knobs are like the one in your photo? I wasn't aware that style knob would be found on a VV-X. I would have expected smooth nickel plated knobs.

Jerry B.

Granby
Victor II

Post by Granby »

Jerry B. wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:06 pm The other knobs are like the one in your photo? I wasn't aware that style knob would be found on a VV-X. I would have expected smooth nickel plated knobs.

Jerry B.
Yes.... and agreed! The Victrola X's and XI's I see online have the nickel plated knobs. But, the other doors on my X have these knobs as pictured. Interestingly, my VV-210 has these exact same knobs, too. Maybe this is a later production run VV-X.

outune
Victor IV

Post by outune »

Hi Chris- I'll send a PM

Brad Abell

phonojim
Victor IV

Post by phonojim »

I will need to look through my parts, to see what I have. I know I have both needle cups and possibly a lid stay from a VVX if that will work on an X. I also have a VV240 that I am considering parting out which would provide a full set of knobs.

Jim

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

What knob is on the motor board? I'd expect it to be the same as the doors. Didn't the later VV-80 that replaced the VV-X have nickel knobs? It doesn't really matter, I'm just curious.

Thanks, Jerry B.

dale h
Victor O

Post by dale h »

Pretty sure I have a knob like that and the lid support. PM me if you haven't already got them lined up and I will try to find them.

Dale H

Granby
Victor II

Post by Granby »

Jerry B. wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:30 pm What knob is on the motor board? I'd expect it to be the same as the doors. Didn't the later VV-80 that replaced the VV-X have nickel knobs? It doesn't really matter, I'm just curious.

Thanks, Jerry B.
Jerry, I am beginning to suspect that my VV X probably started life with nickel knobs. The present knobs look like the knobs on later Victrola models. However, I may just continue to course of action being that these have evidently been on there a long time and a fellow forum member has located a good fit!

Your point about the motor board is a great one.... unfortunately, my Victrola X was missing that, too :( Luckily, I already have that covered so didn't include it in my initial request for help. A thought/opinion: the motor board "lift knob" would probably match the tone arm and other hardware in the "turntable area" without regard to the exterior cabinet knobs. Here is why I think that.... I also own a VV-220. It has the knobs like the current cabinet knobs I am seeking for my X. HOWEVER, the knob on the motor board is gold to match the gold plated tone arm, needle cup, brake, etc.

Of course, all this goes "out the window" if those are the wrong knobs on my VV-220, too.... Hey, it is the simple things that makes this hobby so interesting!

mattrx
Victor IV

Post by mattrx »

I have quite a few parts from a VV-XI that might be of help. What do you still need?

Thanks,

Matt

Granby
Victor II

Post by Granby »

All,

A kind fellow forum member has located these parts for me. As of this day and time, I think I have all I need..... for this particular project.

Don't worry... there will be more ;)

- Chris