Wanted: DD lift lever and 4 cygnet back bracket screws

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
dzavracky
Victor IV
Personal Text: college collector

Wanted: DD lift lever and 4 cygnet back bracket screws

Post by dzavracky »

Does anyone have a spare diamond disc wooden lift handle? I need one for this C-150 I just fixed for a customer.

Also.. does anyone have 4 screws for mounting a cygnet back bracket to an Edison triumph? The screws I have are too short (this was previously on an Edison home)

Thanks!

David
Attachments
B30D398A-6762-4766-8FBC-51B8F8172256.png
8FD114BF-94EA-4265-990C-0AB5BF67AA4F.png

dzavracky
Victor IV

Re: Wanted: DD lift lever and 4 cygnet back bracket screws

Post by dzavracky »

Found the DD handle.

Does anyone have or know where I can get 4 screws for the back bracket?

David

fmblizz
Victor IV

Post by fmblizz »

I have used hardware store round head steel wood screw (not brass) of the size you need.. just heat them up red hot with a propane torch and quench them in a little motor oil. Ends up looking just like bluing on a rifle...

blizz

dzavracky
Victor IV

Post by dzavracky »

fmblizz wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:11 pm I have used hardware store round head steel wood screw (not brass) of the size you need.. just heat them up red hot with a propane torch and quench them in a little motor oil. Ends up looking just like bluing on a rifle...

blizz
I thought about doing this. If I can't find a set then I will do this.

Thanks!

David

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

fmblizz wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:11 pm I have used hardware store round head steel wood screw (not brass) of the size you need.. just heat them up red hot with a propane torch and quench them in a little motor oil. Ends up looking just like bluing on a rifle...

blizz
They're not wood screws are they? Don't they go through, with nuts & washers on the inside of the cabinet?

If you get them from a hardware store, don't get ones that are cadmium plated. The propane torch bluing thing doesn't work too well with cad plated stuff.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

JerryVan wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:00 pm

blizz
They're not wood screws are they? Don't they go through, with nuts & washers on the inside of the cabinet?

If you get them from a hardware store, don't get ones that are cadmium plated. The propane torch bluing thing doesn't work too well with cad plated stuff.
They are indeed NOT wood screws! They are machine screws with nuts and washers, as Jerry said.

George P.

phonojim
Victor IV

Post by phonojim »

You can buy gun bluing at Walmart. It does a great job.

fmblizz
Victor IV

Post by fmblizz »

yep,, sorry i didn't mean to mislead buy using the term wood screws... there is no pressure or tension on the mount as the pressure is downward but my point was using steel round head bolts even if they were a wood screw is more then sufficient to accommodate a back bracket for a cygnet horn and firing them up and quenching them will give great results..

Keep in mind these bolts are behind the machine and the owner is the only person in the world that will know they are not original as if that should even make a difference.

Blizz

dzavracky
Victor IV

Post by dzavracky »

Thanks everyone. I will just go to the hardware store and find 4 machine screws with the right thread.

Cheers,

David