Great Gift idea for Edison fans

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Dropacent
Victor Jr

Great Gift idea for Edison fans

Post by Dropacent »

I’ll bet you’ve heard, “ you are sure hard to buy for ! “. Am I right? Well, here you go. A while back I was fortunate to be able to purchase this small sculpture of Edison on a black pedestal. Pretty uncommon to have a bust of Edison at age 60. I’ve seen younger and I’ve seen much older. Researching it a quite a bit, I believe it was likely given out at a very small birthday dinner given in his honor in Newark ,N.J. on Sunday, February 10, 1907. This was a very small dinner, and other than the guest of honor, there were only 25 of his closest associates in attendance. The dinner is described in detail in the 1907 , volume 5, number 1 edition of the Edison phonograph monthly.
Edison had made it, at age 60. You may or may not know it was during this birthday week in 1907 that he announced to the world that he had put behind him ideas of things to make money, and would from that point forward, use his time for research in his laboratory to better the world.
I thought it such a unique and seldom seen object, that we have made just 25 replicas of these statues. We are offering these at $125 ppd to your door. They are real nice replicas, if we say so ourself, and look just like the original. They are high tech resin, instead of painted wood and ceramic. They will be packed well and sent by priority post. Each one will have a paper underneath describing what it is, and each will be numbered and the name of one of the 25 special guests will also be printed there. Please note the tag on the front marked “ 1847-1907 10. February “. Included will be a copy of the Edison phonograph monthly that describes the party in detail.
If this will help fill your stocking, give me a shout at tmorsher@icloud.com and we can get one heading your way. Made and shipped from Norwalk, Ohio…….just minutes from the birthplace of T.A. Edison . Thanks, Tim
Attachments
C4B48E08-D821-4D31-AC91-51ACDF1F1699.jpeg
E38468DD-7AE7-43EA-AE8A-2707D4722D08.jpeg
A482350E-3C1D-4C58-A44D-CA4E80407902.jpeg

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Re: Great Gift idea for Edison fans

Post by JerryVan »

Hello Tim! Nice to "hear" from you.

Merry Christmas!

Dropacent
Victor Jr

Post by Dropacent »

Hi Jerry, great to “hear” from you, too. I’m like a bad penny, you can’t get rid of me. Keep busy and safe up there, t

Dropacent
Victor Jr

Post by Dropacent »

5 sold. If anyone else desires one before Christmas, you are running out of time. Tmorsher@icloud.com

need4art
Victor II
Personal Text: A man is not a man who does not make the world a better place

Post by need4art »

Tim,
Can you tell us what material the bust is made of, and if the base is wood or some other material?

Thx
Abe

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

need4art wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:48 pm Tim,
Can you tell us what material the bust is made of, and if the base is wood or some other material?

Thx
Abe
Tim states above...

"They are high tech resin, instead of painted wood and ceramic."

need4art
Victor II
Personal Text: A man is not a man who does not make the world a better place

Post by need4art »

Sorry-the information was there, I have got to stop reading detail on my cell phone-old eyes!
Abe

Dropacent
Victor Jr

Post by Dropacent »

Shown here is the gift given to attendees at Mr. Edison’s 70th birthday celebration. It is a watch FOB. Haven’t found much online, but I’ll bet it was a big party . Shown is the cake. Shows how complicated things get when wifey gets involved! We still have some copies of the statue we believe was given at Mr. Edison’s very small stag party given on his 60th. Tmorsher@icloud.com to reach me in Norwalk, Ohio , thanks!
55ED07FE-9FE0-443F-A5AA-751431A22EDC.png
50453649-2642-4609-944C-6BCE6D6E5955.jpeg