WANTED: Power transformer for RCA Victor RE-45

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Skihawx
Victor III

WANTED: Power transformer for RCA Victor RE-45

Post by Skihawx »

In need of a working power transformer for a 1929 RCA Victor RE-45 radio phonograph. This was used on the RCA 245 amplifier in several other models, including the R-32, R-52, RE-75 and a few others. Would prefer to only ship the transformer. But may buy the whole amplifier chassis. Let me know what you have. Thanks, Jeff

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Re: WANTED: Power transformer for RCA Victor RE-45

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Hey Skihawx, I don't know when I'll get to retrieve it, but I have an entire working amp chassis for an RE-45. It's in storage in Connecticut. I have the radio chassis as well, and the phonograph motor, speaker, and speaker grill cloth. It also has with it all the iron hardware that goes to bolt it into the cabinet. The rest of the RE-45 was donated to a thrift store because I couldn't store it; I had to move out in a hurry because the landlady's dumbass kid got drunk & tried to break into my apartment.
Not real sure when I can make it up there but just putting it out there that I have a functional chassis and yes the tubes in it are good too. I even made an accurate replica of the RE-45 power cord, using a mix of replica and NOS stuff.

Skihawx
Victor III

Post by Skihawx »

I only need the power transformer. Maybe I would buy / ship an entire amplifier.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

I wouldn't have the know-how to take it apart or the desire to dismantle it and be stuck with a dead chassis. Hopefully you're able to scare up a spare transformer someplace or figure out how to hide a modern transformer if you can find one with an equivalent rating.