WOOD HORNS FOR SALE

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Raphael
Victor IV

WOOD HORNS FOR SALE

Post by Raphael »

As we all know, Don Gfell has passed and his horns will no longer be available. Don was a good friend and over the years I purchased many horns from him. When Don didn't have what I needed, I turned to Eduardo Portilla in Peru and arranged supply from him. Don and I openly discussed this, and he encouraged me to keep the supply chain open because he knew his days making horns would end someday. Sadly that "someday" came all too soon. But I had promised Don that I would not actively sell Eduardo's horns until such time as he (Don) stopped making them. That day is now upon us.

I relate this because Eduardo and I have entered into a supply agreement whereby his horns will be stocked by me in the U.S., so they can be sold with immediate dispatch and without the hassle of international shipping, customs clearances, delays, etc. for the individual purchaser. My participation also involves investing a considerable sum to have a large supply of all types on hand in inventory. This means my stocking at least 35 or more horns, with re-supplies in the pipeline as inventory is sold. Victor, Columbia and Edison wood horns of all types will be available.

If you order a horn, it will be blanket wrapped, and double-boxed utilizing strong, double-wall boxes, assuring safe arrival to your door. I usually ship within 24 hours of payment. Prices for most horns will be $1150 + $100 shipping.

Right now I have the following horns available:

3 unfinished oak Victor (III, V) - en route, should be here shortly
2 oak cygnet horns for Triumph
1 unfinished mahogany for Opera
3 oak Victor (III, V)
1 mahogany Victor (IV, VI)
1 mahogany Columbia with spruce lining

Eduardo is in the process of making the balance of my initial stock and they should be here soon.

Please contact me at raphaelcole@gmail.com (no PM's please) if you wish to inquire or purchase a horn.

Also, please check out our newly designed website, which my son created last week: www.musicaltreasuresofmiami.com

thanks,
Raphael
Attachments
EPJ mahogany.jpg
EPJ oak.jpg
Last edited by Raphael on Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barnettrp21122
Victor IV
Personal Text: "Did you ever stop to think that pleasure is a duty?" (Victor sales pamphlet)

Re: WOOD HORNS FOR SALE

Post by barnettrp21122 »

That's very good to know! Thanks Raphael!
Bob Barnett
"Comparison is the thief of joy" Theodore Roosevelt

His Master's Voice Automatic 1A Exponential Gramophone Demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi70G1Rzqpo

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

A number of people have contacted me and purchased horns. For the record, prior to this, to get a horn from Eduardo required waiting for it to be made, packed and shipped through the Lima, Peru post office, on to the U.S., clearing customs , and then delivered through the wildly efficient USPS system. Postage, insurance, customs duty, etc. were all on top of Eduardo’s price.

Now, all that is taken care of and shipping by FedEx from our stock here will be $100, which includes blanket wrap and double- boxing.

I can also deliver to the NC show at no charge.

Raphael

Phono-Phan
Victor V

Post by Phono-Phan »

That is very reasonable to ship large horns like this. And, you do know how to pack them for shipping!!!! Thanks for offering these horns.

chrisg
Victor III

Post by chrisg »

I received a perfectly color matched oak speartip horn today from Raphael. The quality is top notch and shipped same day. It far exceeded my expectations. I am beyond pleased. Tim Gray
Attachments
4824.jpeg
Last edited by chrisg on Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

chrisg wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:08 pm I received a perfectly color matched oak speartip horn today from Raphael. The quality is top notch and shipped same day. It far exceeded my expectations. I am beyond pleased. Tim Gray
Tim,

Thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure doing business with you. I am continuing to build up inventories of Victor, Edison and Columbia horns.

Raphael