Raphael Cole

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
atopolosky
Victor Jr

Raphael Cole

Post by atopolosky »

I am a retired collector who lives in South Florida. Last week, I called Raphael Cole to help me with a simple repair. I had never met him and it was a cold call. Nonetheless, Raphael told me to come over and spent an hour of his time fixing my belt and chatting about machines. I must say, he is a delightful and knowledgeable person. That is what I have enjoyed about this hobby since the 1970s - the people you meet. I heartily recommend the Musical Treasures of Miami and Raphael Cole. Allan Topolosky

Roaring20s
Victor V
Personal Text: Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music. Nietzsche

Re: Raphael Cole

Post by Roaring20s »

It's a great way to be!

"A gang of good fellows are we,
With never a worry you see,
We laugh and joke, we sing and smoke,
And live life merrily..."

James.

TinfoilPhono
Victor IV

Post by TinfoilPhono »

That sort of camaraderie is one of the things that makes this hobby so enjoyable.

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

atopolosky wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:42 pm I am a retired collector who lives in South Florida. Last week, I called Raphael Cole to help me with a simple repair. I had never met him and it was a cold call. Nonetheless, Raphael told me to come over and spent an hour of his time fixing my belt and chatting about machines. I must say, he is a delightful and knowledgeable person. That is what I have enjoyed about this hobby since the 1970s - the people you meet. I heartily recommend the Musical Treasures of Miami and Raphael Cole. Allan Topolosky
Thank you, Allan, for the kind words. It was a pleasure to be able to help you out, in spite of my very limited repair abilities. I enjoyed your visit and some day when we both have the time, you are most welcome to return for a tour of the collection.

Raphael