SOLD: EMG Xb in California- $6500

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Batwing Victor
Victor Jr

Re: SOLD: EMG Xb in California- $6500

Post by Batwing Victor »

I'd like to shout out a loud thank-you to Chunny for all he did to facilitate my purchase of this magnificent phonograph. He was indispensable, both in bringing it to market and in soothing the owner, who was a little afraid of strangers from the internet. Chunny has also generously offered to help me sort it out.

I love our hobby, both for the amazing machines and music, and even more for the league of gentlemen here. Thanks also to Mike S, Steve O and Wyatt M for their guidance and encouragement.

Gary

Orchorsol
Victor IV

Post by Orchorsol »

Huge congratulations Gary! Please keep us posted with its arrival and how you find it!
BCN thorn needles made to the original 1920s specifications: http://www.burmesecolourneedles.com

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe4DNb ... TPE-zTAJGg?

gsphonos
Victor II

Post by gsphonos »

Congrats Gary! I will have to come and see and hear this wonderul machine! Thanks for giving me a shoutout for the help--even though I didn't give any! Oh wait.....Mike S....not me! That would be yet another wonderful collector friend who is a Mike S!

Mike S(orter)
Riverside, CA, AKA the other Mike S :D

chunnybh
Victor III
Personal Text: "If I had all the money I'd spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink." Vivian Stanshall

Post by chunnybh »

Congratulations Gary. I'm so glad the Xb found it's way to the right person.
I don't normally get involved with the selling side but the seller in this case seemed so lost and really didn't know what she had or it's value. Talk about paranoia, she was terrified of meeting strangers, so much so she put off several potential buyers because she did not want them coming to her home, instead opting to meet up in a public place. I was thinking, is she going to drag around an EMG, but there you go.
I'm glad it worked out for everyone.
Can't wait to see some proper pictures of this and hopefully a video too.

cheryla
Victor II
Personal Text: YouTube: Dyslexic Genius Hurt

Post by cheryla »

6500?? Steal of a lifetime!

emgcr
Victor IV

Post by emgcr »

Steal of a lifetime indeed ! Many congratulations Gary and you are now in for a lifetime of assured musical happiness. Please let us know your thoughts when you have everything set up.

gunnarthefeisty
Victor III
Personal Text: Started collecting in August 2020, small collection of records

Post by gunnarthefeisty »

Can't imagine having $6500 to spare on a phonograph! Enjoy it!

Watanabehi
Victor II

Post by Watanabehi »

Batwing Victor wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:43 pm I'd like to shout out a loud thank-you to Chunny for all he did to facilitate my purchase of this magnificent phonograph. He was indispensable, both in bringing it to market and in soothing the owner, who was a little afraid of strangers from the internet. Chunny has also generously offered to help me sort it out.

I love our hobby, both for the amazing machines and music, and even more for the league of gentlemen here. Thanks also to Mike S, Steve O and Wyatt M for their guidance and encouragement.

Gary
Congratulations!! You are very lucky to be able to get this amazing musical instrument. Enjoy everything of it.