SOLD: Scarce DUAL Edison Diamond Disc Reproducer Mounting Bracket - $75

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
FellowCollector
Victor IV

SOLD: Scarce DUAL Edison Diamond Disc Reproducer Mounting Bracket - $75

Post by FellowCollector »

This was original factory released equipment for the hard to find Edison Long Play Diamond Disc phonographs but is VERY handy for use on any Edison Diamond Disc phonograph that has more than one Diamond Disc reproducer. Mounts with 2 original screws (included) and is in the desirable bronze finish. Reproducers in pictures are not included. : )

PM, PayPal Friends, USPS extra at cost, packed securely, shipped promptly, USPS tracking number sent.

Thanks,
Doug
Attachments
IMG_8289.JPG
IMG_8290.JPG
IMG_8291.JPG
IMG_8252.JPG
IMG_8251.JPG

pughphonos
Victor III
Personal Text: Ms. Pugh

Re: SOLD: Scarce DUAL Edison Diamond Disc Reproducer Mounting Bracket - $75

Post by pughphonos »

Hi Doug --

Me again!

Obviously I know that this particular sale is over, but I thought you'd be the best person to approach about another need I have. I too have one of those dual Edison disc reproducer mounting brackets (also in bronze) that I bought from George Vollema a dozen years ago (he took it off one of his Edison Long Play machines). I then mounted it in my Schubert (rear left side, to the left of the decal) but that turned out to be a mistake as the Schubert turntable compartment isn't big enough for it. It APPEARS to be big enough, but when it's holding two reproducers the tone arm/horn assembly will press against the rightmost reproducer before the ending of many DD records--makes a weird noise that took me awhile to figure out (tone arm trying to force itself under the stored reproducer).

What I need to do is replace my dual reproducer bracket with a single one (preferably bronze). I'd be willing to do an even trade if you have one of those single ones.

Thanks!

Mindy
"You must serve music, because music is so enormous and can envelop you into such a state of perpetual anxiety and torture--but it is our first and main duty"
-- Maria Callas, 1968 interview.

FellowCollector
Victor IV

Hi Mindy,
I'm sorry to hear of your problem with the dual reproducer stanchion from George Vollema. The Edison Long Play phonographs had a little more "elbow" room in the turntable/upper works area than the Schubert. Unfortunately, I've never found one of the single reproducer Diamond Disc reproducer stanchions. If I do I will be sure to contact you.

Kind Regards,
Doug

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Post by drh »

On my Schubert, I have a single-reproducer bracket that clamps to the bed plate with a screw. It’s a reproduction somebody was selling here a few years ago. It works well and doesn’t leave nail holes in the wood. Might be worth trying to chase one of those down.
Attachments
33A1BEAF-9FCF-4ED8-81FF-6BCC3FA6E46A.jpeg

pughphonos
Victor III

Post by pughphonos »

FellowCollector wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:33 am Hi Mindy,
I'm sorry to hear of your problem with the dual reproducer stanchion from George Vollema. The Edison Long Play phonographs had a little more "elbow" room in the turntable/upper works area than the Schubert. Unfortunately, I've never found one of the single reproducer Diamond Disc reproducer stanchions. If I do I will be sure to contact you.

Kind Regards,
Doug
Thanks for keeping your "eyes peeled," Doug. Original single stanchions seem not to exist, as per David (next message in this string). Might be time for me to Jerry Rig something.

M
"You must serve music, because music is so enormous and can envelop you into such a state of perpetual anxiety and torture--but it is our first and main duty"

pughphonos
Victor III

Post by pughphonos »

drh wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:22 am On my Schubert, I have a single-reproducer bracket that clamps to the bed plate with a screw. It’s a reproduction somebody was selling here a few years ago. It works well and doesn’t leave nail holes in the wood. Might be worth trying to chase one of those down.
Thanks, David. I remember those too! Wish I had purchased one at the time. I'll see if I can track down that "somebody."

Mindy

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Post by drh »

I did a bit of digging, and here's the thread in which the reproduction clamp-on single-reproducer holders were offered for sale (and from which I bought mine). viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31298&hilit=edison+holder

By the way, Doug, you may recognize in my photo the Edison Dance Reproducer you sold me a while back. I had Wyatt install that missing link and give it a once-over at the same time, and it sounds wonderful. I'm much enjoying it!

pughphonos
Victor III

Post by pughphonos »

drh wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:57 pm I did a bit of digging, and here's the thread in which the reproduction clamp-on single-reproducer holders were offered for sale (and from which I bought mine). viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31298&hilit=edison+holder

By the way, Doug, you may recognize in my photo the Edison Dance Reproducer you sold me a while back. I had Wyatt install that missing link and give it a once-over at the same time, and it sounds wonderful. I'm much enjoying it!

Thanks, David! I've sent Fran a PM.

Mindy

FellowCollector
Victor IV

drh wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:57 pm By the way, Doug, you may recognize in my photo the Edison Dance Reproducer you sold me a while back. I had Wyatt install that missing link and give it a once-over at the same time, and it sounds wonderful. I'm much enjoying it!
That is wonderful news, David. I'm pleased that you're enjoying the Edison Dance reproducer!

Thanks,
Doug