VICTOR IX AND MATCHING TEA CART - WILL SEPARATE

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
PHONOMIKE
Victor III

VICTOR IX AND MATCHING TEA CART - WILL SEPARATE

Post by PHONOMIKE »

This is the 2nd posting for this machine. Original posting was last year but it didn't sell.

My collection has gotten too big for me and I am planning on selling several machines. As time goes I will be taking pictures and posting other machines.

1st up I have this mahogany Victor Victrola IX with matching cart. A rare find together as you don't find many of these carts. The fancier base combination. This is a project for someone. The IX is in pretty good condition. Everything seems correct for this machine. This machine plays a record and the speed is steady. Easily plays thru a record on a single winding with lots to spare as the motor spins for minutes after the record has finished. It has a small mark on the side lid and the crank side and a water mark down the back. The motor makes a thumping sound but only did it once during play so the springs aren't that bad. The reproducer works but could benefit from a rebuild.

The cart functions well and the wheels turn easily but has a crack in the bottom board and the dividers will need to be reinstalled but are included. Someone before me glued this back together and for whatever reason didn't bother to wipe the excess glue so some time will be needed to remove that. I am not a carpenter so I'm not going to try reinstalling the shelves. I'll leave that for the new owner.

Pictures show the pair and condition. Ask any questions you have and I'll get you a quick answer.

I have about $425 invested in this and would like to get my investment back but I am open to fair offers. I can not ship this. It is available for pickup. I live in Canada on the Detroit border. I am willing to bring this to Stanton's in April for delivery if that helps. Thanks.

Mike
Attachments
IX10.jpg
IX8.jpg
CART7.jpg
CART6.jpg
CART5.jpg
CART4.jpg
CART3.jpg
CART2.jpg
CART1.jpg
IX11.jpg
IX9.jpg
IX7.jpg
IX6.jpg
IX5.jpg
IX4.jpg
Last edited by PHONOMIKE on Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PHONOMIKE
Victor III

Re: VICTOR IX AND MATCHING TEA CART - WILL SEPARATE

Post by PHONOMIKE »

I have an offer from someone who just wants to buy the Victor IX. That would leave me just the cart. I didn't want to separate them as they are a matching set however I am entertaining the idea. If I do is there anyone interested in buying just the cart? Message me to discuss that option. Thanks.

Mike

JohnM
Victor V

Post by JohnM »

Just FYI, the cart was manufactured by Schloss Brothers.
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

PHONOMIKE
Victor III

Post by PHONOMIKE »

JohnM wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:18 am Just FYI, the cart was manufactured by Schloss Brothers.
I did not know this. But it is a matching set and would like to sell them that way but I am open to separating for the right price.

If anyone is interested, message me.

Mike

PHONOMIKE
Victor III

Post by PHONOMIKE »

Anyone interested in just the cart for $250? A deal I think for how often you see one.

Mike