Need a TURNTABLE for a Victor "D" external horn phono

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Re: Need a TURNTABLE for a Victor "D" external horn phono

Post by JerryVan »

fmblizz wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:23 pm First thing to do is verify the spindle hole is the problem using tape wrapped around the spindle.

If it's not broke, don't fix it. Don't take the spindle out needlessly. Measure the spindle diameter at the bottom where the pin goes through it and give the machinist the measurement . You will only have to take the turntable to a machine shop to have it plugged and resized. The spindle is not needed..

If you have a Harbor Freight in your area, pick up a cheap pair of calipers to more accurately measure the spindle.

https://www.harborfreight.com/6-in-comp ... 63586.html

blizz
If you were a machinist, you wouldn't want any dimension taken with a cheap pair of calipers from Harbor Freight.

fmblizz
Victor IV

Post by fmblizz »

Your right, I'm not a machinist. Not rocket science. I stand by my humble opinion.. LOL

blizz

barrybehappy
Victor Jr

Post by barrybehappy »

fmblizz wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:23 pm First thing to do is verify the spindle hole is the problem using tape wrapped around the spindle.

If it's not broke, don't fix it. Don't take the spindle out needlessly. Measure the spindle diameter at the bottom where the pin goes through it and give the machinist the measurement . You will only have to take the turntable to a machine shop to have it plugged and resized. The spindle is not needed..

If you have a Harbor Freight in your area, pick up a cheap pair of calipers to more accurately measure the spindle.

blizz
I am currently laid up with the gout. Will look at this when feeling better. Thanks for all the help from everyone.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

barrybehappy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:08 pm

blizz
I am currently laid up with the gout. Will look at this when feeling better. Thanks for all the help from everyone.
Ouch! Feel better soon!