early Victrola 14 w/S. CA Music Co decal and early motor

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
MicaMonster
Victor III
Personal Text: Never Settled

early Victrola 14 w/S. CA Music Co decal and early motor

Post by MicaMonster »

1913 Victrola VV-XIV with early 3spring Victor-style-motor (which resembles what was provided to Victor-5 external horn machines), and an awesome full color Southern California Music Company dealer decal under the lid!

Motor has been oiled, with 3 new governor weights and 3 new governor springs. The reproducer has been rebuilt by me to sound absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I have done the rubber flange adjustment to this one, so it has depth and power. This involves grinding back the tone arm mounting ring so it has NO CONTACT with the sound box backing. Thus, the rubber insulator does its job properly.

It was refinished about 30 years ago. The color is absolutely accurate, and they did a great job. Few nicks and scratches here and there. Back wood mouldings in rear feet fell off, and previous owner glued them back on, slightly off center, but acceptable.

$300, plus a healthy tip for gas, as I will most likely be driving it out to you. I do not have access to materials to ship via truck freight as I normally would.

I will be driving along the route from Bisbee, AZ to Rochester, NY. If you are along the route, I can deliver it to you in person. I will include Medium and Soft needles, and some records.

Best

wyatt@edisondiamonddisc.com

EdisonDiamondDisc.com

-Antique Phonograph Reproducer Restorer-
http://www.EdisonDiamondDisc.com
Taming Orthophonics Daily!