Orthophonic Manual?

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Orthophonic Manual?

Post by MordEth »

Aaron wrote:What do you think about record/cylinder and phongraph catolges? I have a few cylinder ones and i also have my H&S one.
If you’d like to scan them, I think that it would be a great thing to have online, although I’d put it on a different archive page than the manuals.

Personally, since I do graphic design work, I find it very interesting to see the typesetting and print designs from this era—certainly, there was a very different aesthetic than is commonly seen today, and I tend to like a lot of the layouts and designs.

I’m just glad I don’t have to work with the tools that they had at their disposal—without a computer I am not very artistic. :D

If I can help anyone share anything phonograph/gramophone-related online, I’d be very happy to do so. Plus, since I host my own e-mail, I have a lot of space for my inbox. ;)

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Neophone
Victor III

Re: Orthophonic Manual?

Post by Neophone »

Folks,

I hope we can build a library of ephemera-particularly manuals.I would also like very much to start a label gallery for the purpose of helping people date their records.

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!