Edison "Baby Console" with Brunswick tonearm

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Paal1994
Victor II

Edison "Baby Console" with Brunswick tonearm

Post by Paal1994 »

Looks like someone have experimented with this Edison. They have replaced the Edison Reproducer with a Brunswick...
Also seems to include some 1940s records too if you want to "wear out" Judy Garland and Gene Kelly ;)

And before I link the article, I will include little word from the description of this phonograph... "There is no horn nor do i believe this modle to have ever had one, IT IS NOT MISSING, IT JUST ORIGINALLY DID NOT COME WITH ONE."

Click here to see the eBay article

Paal.

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Re: Edison "Baby Console" with Brunswick tonearm

Post by Valecnik »

Wow what a mess. Not much to salvage there Paal...

Paal1994
Victor II

Post by Paal1994 »

Bruce,

I'm afraid we "came too late" ...

Paal.

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

seriously, what a mess. but what's worse is the voice of authority used by the seller in his obviously erroneous description.

oddly enough, there's a victor 4-40 orthophonic machine that I know of, not on ebay, which wrongly has the same brunswick reproducer/tonearm assembly installed. ironically enough, this machine is - and has been for some time now - on display by the hostess stand at the entrance to the victor pub, located on the ground level of the victor loft building, the converted victor factory building in camden, NJ.

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

brianu wrote:seriously, what a mess. but what's worse is the voice of authority used by the seller in his obviously erroneous description.

oddly enough, there's a victor 4-40 orthophonic machine that I know of, not on ebay, which wrongly has the same brunswick reproducer/tonearm assembly installed. ironically enough, this machine is - and has been for some time now - on display by the hostess stand at the entrance to the victor pub, located on the ground level of the victor loft building, the converted victor factory building in camden, NJ.
A long time ago I got a Columbia Q with a 10 panel cygnet horn and home made crane. The price was right the the seller insisted the whole thing was "factory". It would not even stand up!