Frank La Forge - Valse de Concert?

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
ClassicalFan
Victor Jr

Frank La Forge - Valse de Concert?

Post by ClassicalFan »

Hello All,

Has anyone ever come across the Frank La Forge "Valse de Concert" (Victor Blue Label, rec. 1925 - Victor 45494, double-sided with his "Romance")? La Forge was a well-known accompanist in the early 20th century and also a composer - I read through this Valse at the piano and it was a real hoot, but I've never seen the recording anywhere. Is this in anyone's collection? La Forge seems to have been a reliable Purple/Blue label pianist for Victor, recording salon gems in addition to some standard rep.

Thanks!
RJM

A Ford 1
Victor II

Re: Frank La Forge - Valse de Concert?

Post by A Ford 1 »

Hi All,

Katinka Narinska recorded the Valse De Concert of Frank La Forge for the Welte-Mignon reproducing piano it is recording No. 6348 and I own a copy of that and since I have not played it for quite some time it will go on my Charles Stieff Welte- Mignon now. Yes a fine concert waltz in the romantic style in my opinion. He also recorded it No. 3675 but I do not own that recording. He is said to have recorded the first piano recording made for Victor Liszt's Liebestraum but I do not know which one as there are three Liebestraum Nocturnes but my guess would be Loves Dream No. 2 as it is the most commonly heard.
Allen