Serial #: B1396
Year(s) Made: This one has a packing slip dated Feb. 27, 1916
Original Cost: ?
Case/Cabinet Size:
Turntable/Mandrel: 12"
Reproducer/Sound-Box: Columbia
Motor: Universal Electric, set up for AC
Horn Dimensions:
Reproduction Parts: Delrin governor gear and some replacement cloth covered wiring.
Current Value: ? Please PM me with some input on this.
Interesting Facts: This phonograph came with some original paperwork and has its original finish. This is the link to the original post I submitted about it. http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... 52#p136752
It is definitely an eye popper in person. The color and graining are amazing. My camera doesn't do it justice. This is the link to the other post I submitted. http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... 27#p159127
Attachments
IMG_1472.JPG
IMG_1474.JPG
IMG_1475.JPG
IMG_1476.JPG
IMG_1477.JPG
IMG_1479.JPG
IMG_1481.JPG

StL Bill
Victor I

Re: Featured Phonograph Number 125--Columbia Grafonola Grand

Post by StL Bill »

Ken;
This phonograph literally takes my breath away. It has to be the most attractive grain patterns of any Circassian phonograph from any manufacturer that I have ever seen. Congratulations on a great addition to your collection.

Bill

audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

Re: Featured Phonograph Number 125--Columbia Grafonola Grand

Post by audiophile102 »

I really appreciate the featured phonograph section for referencing important historic phonographs. Few are more important and more beautiful than your Columbia Grafonola Grand. Thank you for posting this and once again, congratulations for acquiring such an important phonograph.
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."