Victor VV 4-7 just won it on ebay

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
beaumonde
Victor III

Re: Victor VV 4-7 just won it on ebay

Post by beaumonde »

47 scrolls in great condition would cost you about $100 (at least) at one of those record shows (unless you were really lucky). So I'd say you made out well!
Adam

wheelgun357
Victor O

Post by wheelgun357 »

just finished playing all the scrolls on my Credenza-x whilst working on the 4-7. wow some are really great, coon-sanders "stay out of the south" amazing... the 4-7 is somin along great, (been up all night working on it, the finish has now has 3 coats of bowling alley way applied and its looking great, i blended out the scratches on the lid which werent bad really and evened it out... tightened all the screws in the cabinet where its joined togerther and totally cleaned the horn and sealed it... finished doing the springs for the motor at 4am... its running like a champ..... how many needles is it possible to find inside a cabinet,. well the answer seems to be 167 total found inside everywhere... WTF?. seller said that it had lots of new needles in the holder... where there were about 150 in the cips but everyone was REALLY USED HEAVILY.. i mean worn down blunt not able to even fit in a groove... makes me wonder what records they played with those needles cause it sure wasnt the scrolls.. they did ask me if i wanted another case of records that were all glenn miller, benny goodman, so i would imagine that those were the ones they played the snot outta and the scroll era records were too old sounding..lol... thats my best guess..... BTW the cast reproducer sounds INCREDIBLE.... better than one of the brass ones i have floating around.... ok rest time.. look for pics soon

wheelgun357
Victor O

Post by wheelgun357 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pflpx8YyCGs

a quick vid sorry just started with the youtube thingy

Steve Stephens
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Restoration is little more than another kind of destruction.

Post by Steve Stephens »

Hey, I like that. It sounds better on your machine than what I hear on the older machines with accousticlly recorded records. May have to get myself an Orthophonic and electric records. Thank you.

Steve

beaumonde
Victor III

Post by beaumonde »

wheelgun357 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pflpx8YyCGs

a quick vid sorry just started with the youtube thingy
Nice cinematography... ;)

Your Orthophonic looks and sounds great. Sounds like it's been a fun week for you.
Adam

wheelgun357
Victor O

Post by wheelgun357 »

sorry about that, heres a much better video of the 4-7 with another record,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm_UcDhJcaI

Steve Stephens
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Restoration is little more than another kind of destruction.

Post by Steve Stephens »

That's a nice video but I swear that your Orthophonic sounds like a ticking clock when you started it. Then I see music coming from a wall full of clocks. Oh, well, I get the idea. I definitely like the way your Orthophonic plays compared to the accoustical machines.

Steve

Kirkwood
Victor II

Post by Kirkwood »

Great Victrola and a fun record---I'll be on the lookout for that one. Thanks for posting this video.