FOR SALE: c.1893-5 Edison Class M Phonograph - $19,000

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
cmshapiro
Victor I

FOR SALE: c.1893-5 Edison Class M Phonograph - $19,000

Post by cmshapiro »

The time has come to let this machine go to a new home. I always dreamed of owning a class M since I was 13 years old, and while I got to own her for some time, I am at heart a collector of early (Edison and others) light bulbs, dynamos, etc. It is time to make way for some other pieces that fit the core of my collecting focus. The machine plays perfectly on about 3 volts. Plays, records, shaves, all like new. The machine has been restored and the cabinet is a finely crafted replica. I do have the original cabinet, and can post some pics but it is so far gone, it is beyond repair. The mahogany replica is dead on perfect when comparing it to other Class M cabinets a few weeks ago. The reproducer is a rebuilt Automatic. Open to offers! Can provide additional pics as desired. Email cmshapiro@me.com, PM or call via phone at 410-404-2025.
Attachments
IMG_1029.jpg
IMG_1028.jpg

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Re: FOR SALE: c.1893-5 Edison Class M Phonograph - $19,000

Post by Phonofreak »

Was this the one sold by Tim Fabrizio(Phonophan), a few months ago? If so, it sure was a nice one.
Harvey Kravitz

cmshapiro
Victor I

Post by cmshapiro »

Phonofreak wrote:Was this the one sold by Tim Fabrizio(Phonophan), a few months ago? If so, it sure was a nice one.
Harvey Kravitz
Yep, this is the same machine. I have enjoyed it for a short time but as a light bulb/dynamo collector as my main focus, its time to let it go to fund some other purchases.

cleveland1996
Victor III

Post by cleveland1996 »

Very nice machine....I hope that it finds a new good home....

Joe

Rexophone
Victor I

Post by Rexophone »

I am very intrigued by the very early switches I see on the bottom shelf to the left. Do you have a website with photos of your 19th century electrical switches, sockets, etc? I am a big fan of those.

Steve

cmshapiro
Victor I

Post by cmshapiro »

Rexophone wrote:I am very intrigued by the very early switches I see on the bottom shelf to the left. Do you have a website with photos of your 19th century electrical switches, sockets, etc? I am a big fan of those.

Steve

Hey Steve, don't want to take the thread off track but in short I did not have a site with my early electric prices. I am working on a long term book project and want to keep the material all fresh for that project (so off the internet). That said I am happy to send you pics of all of it.

I will shoot you a PM.

Chad

cmshapiro
Victor I

Post by cmshapiro »

cleveland1996 wrote:Very nice machine....I hope that it finds a new good home....

Joe
Thanks Joe, I do as well! Open to offers!

WDC
Victor IV

Post by WDC »

This truly is a fine machine and unlike many others works absolutely flawless so it's much more than just the decorative appeal.