Is this really how much these go for?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
USlakeside
Victor III

Is this really how much these go for?

Post by USlakeside »

This seem so much for a victor elbow. I am confused. An elbow and HORN didnt sell last week for $300 total. Horn was average, but it had the elbow. Whats up with that?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

Zeppy
Victor III

Re: Is this really how much these go for?

Post by Zeppy »

I was a bit surprised myself. I was actually keeping an eye on this auction (need an elbow for my Victor M), and can't say I would ever even think of paying anything near this amount...perhaps half that price, but close to $300? I think I may have paid that much for a back bracket for a Victor horn machine.

USlakeside
Victor III

Post by USlakeside »

I can understand being desperate and just wanting to get it over with, but I agree that it is way too high. I wanted it too, and thought, given these rough economic times, that it would be about $100, which seems fair. And that a whole horn and elbow didnt sell for the same price doesnt make sense. (shipping wasnt one of those $200 bills for that one either)

Zeppy
Victor III

Post by Zeppy »

I don't even understand being desparate. You can get a reproduction for around $50, and that should hold you over until you can find one at a reasonable price. My Vic 1 has had a reproduction elbow and horn for years now. I still bid everytime I see an original on ebay, but I'm not going to pay through the nose to get it. I also had a reproduction tone arm on it for about a year, before getting an original. And the Vic 1 parts are much rarer than this part (the Vic 1 and E's backbracket, elbow, and tone arm were unique to those machines).

Don't get it...but hey...perhaps if money was no object...well, if money was no object, I'd buy compele and original machines, and wouldn't have to hunt for an original elbow on ebay....