Cylinder Transparencies

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Cylinder Transparencies

Post by MordEth »

Aaron wrote:I have some harder to find cylinder cases that i could take pictures of.But there is a problem i can never make them small enough to be used on the forum...can any one help?
Aaron,

You are always welcome to e-mail me the giant-sized images; or you could download free image editing software like GIMP, then look at the turorial on scaling images. Larger images result in better cut-outs, but the board upload feature will probably work better if you are not trying to give it a 8-12 MB JPEG.

I haven’t tried throwing anything bigger than 2 MB images, but it should work...

My inbox is always open, though.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Aaron
Victor II

Post by Aaron »

Thanks Dave your always a help... But i did thankfully figure it out for SOME of my images and i posted them in the advertising transparencies thread.

Thanks again,
Aaron

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Aaron wrote:Thanks Dave your always a help... But i did thankfully figure it out for SOME of my images and i posted them in the advertising transparencies thread.
Aaron,

I try. I hadn’t yet read that thread when I replied to this one, and I see you have been busy. :D

I applaud your efforts over there; that looks like it must be a very interesting catalogue (and you probably want most of the stuff out of it!).

I definitely need to either dig up more of my images or scan more—perhaps both.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Brad
Victor III
Personal Text: So many phonographs, so little money

Post by Brad »

Aaron wrote:I have some harder to find cylinder cases that i could take pictures of.But there is a problem i can never make them small enough to be used on the forum...can any one help?

Aaron
Aaron,

You can just attach the full size image to your posts. This board's SW will render them down to a presentable size and hyperlink them to the full size image. Check out the "Beginning Restoral" pics in the technical forum.

Give it a try.

Brad
Why do we need signatures when we are on a first avatar basis?

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

By the way—if you’re a cylinder fan and you’re looking for an avatar (or a new avatar), be sure to check out the ‘cylinders’ category of the stock avatar gallery. Norman (WDC) gave me 11 more cylinder transparencies, which can be seen (in their full-size glory) here.

He’s busy studying for his exams until 18 February, so we may not see him much until then, but hopefully he will do well.

Viel Glück!

— MordEth

¹ If my German is terrible it is because I rely upon robotic translation. :D

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Here’s another one of gramophoneshane’s images, cut with shadow:

...and available for use in the stock avatar gallery.

Stay tuned for more. :D

— MordEth

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Here’s another one (and new stock avatar):

Once more—thanks to gramophoneshane for the image.

— MordEth

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Finally, three weeks later, here’s another cylinder transparency:

We needed a few more cylinder avatars. :D

— MordEth

Zeppy
Victor III

Post by Zeppy »

Can I share too?

German Edision:

French Edison:

French Edison Lid:

And just in case you've ever wondered what is under a French Edison label:

An English Edison label

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Zeppy acutally is it not a French label under the remains of an English label?