Request for Info on Miki-Phone Model

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
SPOONMAN19
Victor O

Request for Info on Miki-Phone Model

Post by SPOONMAN19 »

Hi All,

Would be grateful for any information on the particular model of Mikiphone. I dont have any other snaps and the only details added are " all original and perfect working condition"...!

But if any of you know about the this particular model, would welcome any information on this.

As always, thanks.
Attachments
img12.jpg
img12.jpg (32.54 KiB) Viewed 1147 times
img12(1).jpg
img12(1).jpg (33.99 KiB) Viewed 1147 times

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Re: Request for Info on Miki-Phone Model

Post by estott »

This looks like a fantasy to me, using some real or reproduction parts.

SPOONMAN19
Victor O

Post by SPOONMAN19 »

estott wrote:This looks like a fantasy to me, using some real or reproduction parts.

Ha! And here was me thinking it was a very early model of mikiphone before they figured out how to manufacture the popular miniature model! Thanks.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

I have not seen one like that but I am reluctant to say that it's a fantasy machine. If it's a recent machine it would take a great deal of work to build and for what reason?

Jerry B.

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Post by estott »

Jerry B. wrote:I have not seen one like that but I am reluctant to say that it's a fantasy machine. If it's a recent machine it would take a great deal of work to build and for what reason?

Jerry B.
A lot of those Indian crap o phones have a tremendous amount of work in them too- and the reason is to deceive the buyer. It is well known that replica Mikiphones have been built for years, and it wouldn't take much to incorporate parts from one of those into a fantasy like this. Over in the East labor is cheap and people will work for pennies.

OrthoFan
Victor V

Post by OrthoFan »

I Googled: Tebalphonograph Miki-Phone and found there's at least one other example.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (50.32 KiB) Viewed 1073 times
FROM -- https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ ... -494789232

Also mentioned in this post -- http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... 14&t=14191

I'm not convinced it's genuine. I see similarities between the two models, but there are also some major differences I wouldn't expect to see in something that would have been mass-produced. In addition to the lid, and resonator, the example posted by the OP has two holes in the turntable. They would have been used to insert the key for winding a conventional Mikiphone. This indicates it might have been culled from one.

OrthoFan

Orchorsol
Victor IV

Post by Orchorsol »

Similar to the Nirona dog kennel cases, which might have inspired the maker/faker...
BCN thorn needles made to the original 1920s specifications: http://www.burmesecolourneedles.com

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe4DNb ... TPE-zTAJGg?

Stephen_Madara
Victor III
Personal Text: www.glassphonohorns.com

Post by Stephen_Madara »

looks like a lunch box

SPOONMAN19
Victor O

Post by SPOONMAN19 »

OrthoFan wrote: In addition to the lid, and resonator, the example posted by the OP has two holes in the turntable. They would have been used to insert the key for winding a conventional Mikiphone. This indicates it might have been culled from one. OrthoFan
Good catch, Orthofan. I missed that completely.