Up for a small "test" during the holiday season?

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
nostalgia
Victor IV
Personal Text: Keep winding up

Up for a small "test" during the holiday season?

Post by nostalgia »

I yesterday collected another "poor baby" gramophone, left alone for decades..and paid 20 euro for it. I know myself the name of manufacturer, but...have yet not been able to find out the name of the model, or even been able to find a similar model on photos online, after a few hours googling. I am consider uploading some photos in this thread, and cover the manufacturer's name, and see if you guys/gals(?) are able to impress me once more...
It is a all wooden portable, it definitely has to be very old, one of the first internal horn portables, would be my humble guess. I dont dare to open the motor yet, since I never opened the motor on a similar machine, but can show you photos of everything else. You maybe even can tell me how to open the motor safely. It runs, the crank/handle is there, but the sound box is during its lifespan obviously been changed, and is not really revealing the manufacturer of the gramophone, at least not of what I know, at the time of writing.
So the question remains..if you want to see it?

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Re: Up for a small "test" during the holiday season?

Post by Inigo »

Yes! Photos, please!
Inigo

nostalgia
Victor IV

Post by nostalgia »

Okay, here we go...The soundbox is fitted by a tape, so obviously it is not perfectly fitted. I also have the old soundbox,it was found in a paper bag inside the gramophone along with the newer soundbox, but have no clue what has happened to it, since the metal ring, or the base of the soundbox, is smuldering up and also has lost its form completely, and is totally destroyed. On one photo you can see the "new" soundbox attached to the tonearm. Now it will be interesting to see if anyone has seen a similar model, and if so...where they have seen it, and how old this gramophone really is.

Update: I guess this challenge was rather difficult... I will reveal the manufacturer in 2-3 days, if noone gives it a shot.
Attachments
7.JPG
6.JPG
5.JPG
4.JPG
3.JPG
2.JPG
1.JPG

nostalgia
Victor IV

Post by nostalgia »

And here is the logo of this old wooden internal horn portable gramophone.
It is a Triumphon. I have not been able to spot a similar gramophone online after googling a lot.
A added curiosity in my collection.
Attachments
Triumphon.JPG