Was Nipper decal ever on the 14 inch Rear Mount Horn

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
uncle-jimmy
Victor O

Was Nipper decal ever on the 14 inch Rear Mount Horn

Post by uncle-jimmy »

I have recently Googled a lot of photos of Victor E rear mount and the very early Victor 1 machines specifically looking for a small Black and Brass horn that had a Nipper decal. Of course I saw several slightly larger horns with the horn adapter to fit the small machines that had the decal .... but I didn’t see a single small ( 14-15 inch long) horn with the decal , Even though the machines themselves had the Nipper ID plate.
So I thought that I would ask you experts out there , Did Victor offer a small Black and Brass Bell horn for the Very First small Rear Mount machines ( either Rigid or Taper Arm ) that had the Nipper decal ?
Thanks guys.
Jim

Ripduf1
Victor III
Personal Text: HORNS ROLLED & STRAIGHTENED

Re: Was Nipper decal ever on the 14 inch Rear Mount Horn

Post by Ripduf1 »

While I have never owned the small Victor Horn w decal, they were produced. I have two in my shop right now to have the dents removed and I am attaching a picture of one. So yes, they did exist. John
Attachments
DSC02813.JPG
Horns rolled and straightened

Zwebie
Victor IV
Personal Text: We are only the caretakers for future generations.

Post by Zwebie »

I have recently Googled a lot of photos of Victor E rear mount and the very early Victor 1 machines specifically looking for a small Black and Brass horn that had a Nipper decal. Of course I saw several slightly larger horns with the horn adapter to fit the small machines that had the decal .... but I didn’t see a single small ( 14-15 inch long) horn with the decal , Even though the machines themselves had the Nipper ID plate.
So I thought that I would ask you experts out there , Did Victor offer a small Black and Brass Bell horn for the Very First small Rear Mount machines ( either Rigid or Taper Arm ) that had the Nipper decal ?
Hi Jim,
The answer is Yes! Here is a picture of a 1905 Victor "E" that I once owned, with its original decaled horn.
Cheers, Bob S.
Attachments
E Brass.jpg

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

I never knew that these small Victor rear mount horns had a decal. The ones I have don't have a decal, nor any sign of a decal. Did the later small rear mount horns have a decal, or was that the discretion of the factory? I know a while ago, I asked if the were decals on the small front mount horns and the answer was no, they did not. Thanks for bringing this new information to light.
Harvey Kravitz