WANTED: VICTOR II TONE ARM OR PART FOR MINE

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Spadanny
Victor Jr

Re: I NEED A VICTOR II TONE ARM OR PART FOR MINE

Post by Spadanny »

phonojim wrote:I believe I have the parts you need. They are from a different, longer arm, but compared with the arm on my Humpback Vic II, they look like they will fit. Pix in a couple of hours, after my camera batteries charge. Yours for shipping. Picture added.

Jim

Wow, that's an incredible offer. Can't thank you enough. It's a nice looking part. I'll try to pay it forward when I have a chance. Thanks Jim!

phonojim
Victor IV

Re: WANTED: VICTOR II TONE ARM OR PART FOR MINE

Post by phonojim »

You're welcome. Please PM your shipping info to me.

Jim

Dave D
Victor IV

Post by Dave D »

Phonojim: What a good guy you are!
Dave D

antiquetele123
Victor Jr

Post by antiquetele123 »

HELLO, I HAVE AN OLD TAPPERED TONE ARM FROM A VIC. III MACHINE , THE LARGE OPENING IS RAVAGED ,, BUT THE CROSS PIESE IS VERY NICE , THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF IS GETTING IT OFF OF THE TONE ARM WOULD BURN ALL THE NICKLE OFF AND POSSIBLY WARP THE PIESE , AND BURN ALL THE NICKLE OFF OF YOUR TONE ARM TRYING TO BRAZE IT ON TO ARM , YOU CAN HAVE THE ARM FOR 9 BUCKS & SHIP,, CHRIS BREAW 208-576-0241

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

I believe Jim has all the parts you need to complete and repair your Victor II arm. That's the correct U-tube. Some U-tubes are built so the sound box sits on a rest at the side of the tone arm. These are usually found on a Victrola.

Note to new collectors... The Exhibition reproducer will always leave a very small mark on the tone arm. If that mark is on the same side as the big opening of the tone arm the arm was used on a horn machine. If the opposite is true and the mark is on the side opposite side the arm was used on a Victrola. Some of the early Victrolas used an arm identical to the ones on a Victor horn machine. For example the arm on an early table model VV-X could also be used on a rear mount Victor M, MS, D, III, IV, or V. If you found this arm in someone's parts bin a clue for its original use would be that little mark.

Jerry Blais

Spadanny
Victor Jr

Post by Spadanny »

I'd like to thank everyone that has responded to this topic. It's been a great experience, so far, joining your community. Who knew phonograph enthusiasts are such helpful and generous people?!

antiquetele123
Victor Jr

Post by antiquetele123 »

HELLO,, I HAVE A ROACHED OUT TONE ARM , AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE PICTS. BUT THE T PART IS NICE , ITS YOURS FOR 10 BUCKS YOU PAY SHIP , IT WILL FIT YOUR SMALLER VIC. II TONE ARM , BUT AS I MENTIONED , THE BRAZING PROSSESS WILL COOK OFF THE NICKLE ON BOTH T TUBE AND TAPERED TONE AND POSSIBLY WARP BOTH AND OR MESS UP THE THREADS INSIDE OF T TUBE , AND BY THE WAY ,, THE MACHINE YOUR RESTORING IS A ,; VIC. II HUMPBACK . LET ME KNOW IF YOUR INTERESTED IN THE TONE,,, I HAVE AND WILL GET IT OUT TO YOU RIGHT AWAY , & WHILE I HAVE YOU ON THE LINE , I HAVE VIC. REPRODUCER STUFF COMPLEATE PARTS FOR EACH ONE OF THE REPRODUCERS ,, JUST NEEDS REBUILDING ,,; ALL THE BEST LUCK WITH IT ,LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU NEED AND ILL SEE IF I HAVE IT ,,,,,; CHRIS BREAW
Attachments
101_2882.JPG
101_2881.JPG
101_2880.JPG
101_2878.JPG

studebakerphonos
Victor II
Personal Text: Skilled Craftsman produce radio cabinets at RCA Victor in Camden, N.J.

Post by studebakerphonos »

OK, Jerry,

So, very particular Bob here (I wanted to say anal instead of "particular", but figured it wouldn't fly :pig: :lol: ).

Trying to discern this excellent comment from Jerry, I would like to clarify/confirm.

I assume (ok, no puns ;) ass me & me) when you say, "as the big opening of the tone arm", you mean, "as the big opening of the tone arm is facing "up" ", for the horn machines, and "as the big opening of the tone arm is facing "down" ", for the internal horn machines.

Kind Regards, Bob

STUDEBAKER - "Always give more than you promise"

Jerry B. wrote:I believe Jim has all the parts you need to complete and repair your Victor II arm. That's the correct U-tube. Some U-tubes are built so the sound box sits on a rest at the side of the tone arm. These are usually found on a Victrola.

Note to new collectors... The Exhibition reproducer will always leave a very small mark on the tone arm. If that mark is on the same side as the big opening of the tone arm the arm was used on a horn machine. If the opposite is true and the mark is on the side opposite side the arm was used on a Victrola. Some of the early Victrolas used an arm identical to the ones on a Victor horn machine. For example the arm on an early table model VV-X could also be used on a rear mount Victor M, MS, D, III, IV, or V. If you found this arm in someone's parts bin a clue for its original use would be that little mark.

Jerry Blais