EMG ?????

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
phonodesbois
Victor II

Re: EMG ?????

Post by phonodesbois »

Sidewinder wrote:Scammer central! The first sale was legit I think, and now scammers are trying to "cash in".
Well the ad is now removed !
As I had the same impression ; I called the vendor a few days ago (same phone number as the first time so it's was not a spammer issue). Right away, he told me that the gramophone was sold but that he was not able to delete the ad on the leboncoin (technical issue on his computer or on the web site?).
FYI : when you put an ad on the leboncoin, you have the option to pay a premium in order to have the ad repositionned as a new one during a period of time.(every days during 7 or 30 days or every week).
Sidewinder wrote:A friend in France bought a very nice phono also at around euro 2K a few years ago, and it now pops up in Leboncoin about every 2 weeks.
This is quite usual on eBay and as well on leboncoin. We just have to be careful!

Sidewinder
Victor III

Post by Sidewinder »

Thanks for the update. We all know that its on all sites that sell items where one has to be wary. I seem to remember an article in the Washington post giving a statistic that over 100 people have been killed due to Craigslist. Call me cautious, but I would also not go to a strangers house with $3000 to pay for a phonograph if not accompanied by a posse!
Attachments
edop.jpg

Garret
Victor IV

Post by Garret »

Sidewinder wrote:Thanks for the update. We all know that its on all sites that sell items where one has to be wary. I seem to remember an article in the Washington post giving a statistic that over 100 people have been killed due to Craigslist. Call me cautious, but I would also not go to a strangers house with $3000 to pay for a phonograph if not accompanied by a posse!
Yup!

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

Garret wrote:
Sidewinder wrote:Thanks for the update. We all know that its on all sites that sell items where one has to be wary. I seem to remember an article in the Washington post giving a statistic that over 100 people have been killed due to Craigslist. Call me cautious, but I would also not go to a strangers house with $3000 to pay for a phonograph if not accompanied by a posse!
Yup!
101 in 2016

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... raigslist/

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

I asked the seller by Leboncoin message feature, and he didn't answer directly, but the advert was removed immediately, and kind of a system response sent back to me 'advert removed'.
Inigo

emgcr
Victor IV

Post by emgcr »

The buyer was the Phono Museum in Paris. Here is a link to a video of it playing. Let's hope future uploads will incorporate better lighting but it is good to see it in appreciative hands. The date is 1934 or later. The previous owner bought it in the UK in 1963 as a seventeen year old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTfAg5hdpk

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

Glad to see it in good hands, and displayed for people enjoyment! If I ever come back to Paris, this is an obliged visit, as also la Phonogalérie at 10 Rue Lallier...
Inigo

Garret
Victor IV

Post by Garret »

emgcr wrote:The buyer was the Phono Museum in Paris. Here is a link to a video of it playing. Let's hope future uploads will incorporate better lighting but it is good to see it in appreciative hands. The date is 1934 or later. The previous owner bought it in the UK in 1963 as a seventeen year old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTfAg5hdpk
As if they need another one. There's already one sitting in the back of Phonogalerie that is available for 8 000 euros...

Garret

emgcr
Victor IV

Post by emgcr »

Thank you Garret. The two locations seem to be close together---Phono Museum and Phonogalerie ? Are they owned by the same people ? Do you know what is the idea of having two places ?

emgcr
Victor IV

Post by emgcr »

In communication earlier with Phonogalerie they told me they also have an "Export" model but did not specify the size. They said it is definitely not for sale.

Their new purchase looks magnificent after the restoration :

http://phonomuseum.fr/le-fonds-du-musee-senrichit/