Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Re: Forum Problems

Post by gramophone-georg »

Yes, it's been pretty crazy today! :shock:
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

phonosandradios
Victor II
Personal Text: So many audio formats, so little listening time!

Post by phonosandradios »

PLEASE can something be done about it. It is becoming a mission just to read things on here. I can't read half the things on here I want to because it keeps crashing out when I want to view the next page or topic.
Last edited by phonosandradios on Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am interested in all forms of audio media including: gramophones, phonographs, wire recorders, the tefifon, reel to reel tapes, radiograms and radios.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

Feel free to email, call, or text the person who "maintains" the forum and let him know how urgently they need to transfer ownership of this site to the Antique Phonograph Society, since they have clearly moved on.

mordeth@bitbucket.be
(617) 755-0474‬

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

HisMastersVoice wrote:Feel free to email, call, or text the person who "maintains" the forum and let him know how urgently they need to transfer ownership of this site to the Antique Phonograph Society, since they have clearly moved on.

mordeth@bitbucket.be
(617) 755-0474‬
Email sent.

Thank you Brandan for all you do to help ensure we can continue to (hopefully) move forward.

Best,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

phonosandradios
Victor II
Personal Text: So many audio formats, so little listening time!

Post by phonosandradios »

Its funny - today the forum has been perfectly behaved and i've had no problems at all.
I am interested in all forms of audio media including: gramophones, phonographs, wire recorders, the tefifon, reel to reel tapes, radiograms and radios.

PHONOMIKE
Victor III

Post by PHONOMIKE »

phonosandradios wrote:Its funny - today the forum has been perfectly behaved and i've had no problems at all.
Don't worry. That won't last long.

Mike

Retrograde
Victor III

Post by Retrograde »

Mr Clark has logged into the forum recently and hopefully aware of the concerns... "Last visited: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:55 pm"

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

Retrograde wrote:Mr Clark has logged into the forum recently and hopefully aware of the concerns... "Last visited: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:55 pm"

They’ve been aware for years. Unfortunately, “being aware” does not translate to “caring”.

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

HisMastersVoice wrote:They’ve been aware for years. Unfortunately, “being aware” does not translate to “caring”.
You’re entirely correct, when certain people opt to communicate with me as you have.

FYI, after Brandon opted to shut down the board without consulting me, I have removed him as an administrator/moderator.

I will look into fixing the forum up as work quiets down over the next month or so, but in the interests of transparency: I work as an IT consultant and it keeps me busy. I am supporting a close friend who is currently hospitalized for renal failure and undergoes dialysis 3 days a week. I have only ever put money into the hosting and upkeep of this site; I have never received compensation for my time and rarely do I hear thanks. Lately it has wholly been complaints. If members are willing to donate something for my time, getting this up to date and potentially moved to better hosting are more likely to happen.

I do not plan to relinquish control over the board unless its founder, John/Neophone decides to completely give up on it. All of the effort I have put into this site over the years has been a favor to him.

Regards,

David
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

MordEth wrote:
HisMastersVoice wrote:They’ve been aware for years. Unfortunately, “being aware” does not translate to “caring”.
You’re entirely correct, when certain people opt to communicate with me as you have.

FYI, after Brandon opted to shut down the board without consulting me, I have removed him as an administrator/moderator.

I will look into fixing the forum up as work quiets down over the next month or so, but in the interests of transparency: I work as an IT consultant and it keeps me busy. I am supporting a close friend who is currently hospitalized for renal failure and undergoes dialysis 3 days a week. I have only ever put money into the hosting and upkeep of this site; I have never received compensation for my time and rarely do I hear thanks. Lately it has wholly been complaints. If members are willing to donate something for my time, getting this up to date and potentially moved to better hosting are more likely to happen.

I do not plan to relinquish control over the board unless its founder, John/Neophone decides to completely give up on it. All of the effort I have put into this site over the years has been a favor to him.

Regards,

David
Thank you David for chiming in. I don't wish to upset you, but perhaps if you might consider our having a meaningful dialogue with us more often on the forum, we could understand your position better, and potentially help?

Other boards have a donations function, and that could help defer costs, I would hope?

Many of us have dedicated thousands of hours in an effort to collect and disseminate knowledge; and encourage others to participate in a hobby that's very important to us.

Please don't think we're not grateful for this opportunity, I'm sure you're aware that "thanks" also don't typically come our way, for the hours and hours of research/posting we do here, either.

This forum is very important to me personally, and I'm sure I speak for many other members.

I hope there's a solution to keep this wonderful, and unique forum moving into the future.

Kind regards,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.