FOR SALE: Oak VTLA & Oak VV-XVII -Orlando, Wayne, or Union

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Victrola-Monkey
Victor III

FOR SALE: Oak VTLA & Oak VV-XVII -Orlando, Wayne, or Union

Post by Victrola-Monkey »

I am offering free delivery to these 3 phonograph shows or in route to them. Note that I won’t be going to the Orlando show unless someone buys one of these before 1/24/20. If so, then delivery would be Saturday. Click on the following expired eBay links for details and more photos:

Oak VTLA $2750:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/124028293163

Oak VV-XVII $1750:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/124028289507

Also note that the albums in the VV-XVII that have imperfect bindings have been replaced with nice matching ones with good bindings.
Attachments
7624A2B8-6AF8-4109-AB94-7A0AAB70DA81.jpeg
A66CBA8D-E61B-4576-8CAC-0AE57CC81BFD.jpeg

maginter
Victor II

Re: FOR SALE: Oak VTLA & Oak VV-XVII -Orlando, Wayne, or Uni

Post by maginter »

What is the third machine? you state 3......
"The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine."
Nikola Tesla

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

I think he says three phonograph shows, not three phonographs--the VTLA and XVII are going to either Orlando, Wayne, or Union depending on where the buyers are.

I can't afford a Victrola of this caliber and haven't room but it's nice to see some of them still out there! Beautiful well-preserved antiques, both of them.

tictalk
Victor II

Post by tictalk »

Hi Victrola Monkey, Those are nice looking machines, does the XVII have the original finish?

maginter
Victor II

Post by maginter »

VanEpsFan1914 wrote:I think he says three phonograph shows, not three phonographs--the VTLA and XVII are going to either Orlando, Wayne, or Union depending on where the buyers are.

I can't afford a Victrola of this caliber and haven't room but it's nice to see some of them still out there! Beautiful well-preserved antiques, both of them.

My bad! Thanks for the correction. Read it to fast.
"The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine."
Nikola Tesla

Victrola-Monkey
Victor III

Post by Victrola-Monkey »

Tictalk,

I don’t think so, as I don’t believe a clear coat was ever put on post production. There is no evidence in which there was. However, I believe wax has been applied and perhaps some sort of buffing. The finish is real nice. I’ve heard of some revitalizing methods (which I know nothing about) that involve light work with steel wool. Perhaps something like that may have occurred. Who knows? My collecting has pretty much only involved purchasing machines and empty cabinets that have nice finishes. I’m more of a hardware guy.

These two oak machines are as purchased at the November 2017 Stantons’s Auction. As the receipt shows I paid $3575 and $4400 for them and am selling them for way less than paid. They came from a big collector with the initials “D.G.”, not sure who that is.

-Wayne
Attachments
E1BD2223-1DEE-4B84-9203-13EA1564A6D5.jpeg
93BC7240-02F6-4346-A80D-92591AE3C2E9.jpeg