Banner triumph on and Herzog cabinet in MD

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
Mormon S
Victor III
Personal Text:     Martin     "phono_fluff" on instagram

Banner triumph on and Herzog cabinet in MD

Post by Mormon S »

Seems like a good deal, and it's in nice condition.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 722349351/

Martin
Attachments
Screenshot_20200214-093111_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200214-093132_Facebook.jpg

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: Banner triumph on and Herzog cabinet in MD

Post by Jerry B. »

Looks like a good value to me as well. It's a 2&4 minute player with an original 14" horn and a nice record cabinet that's filled with cylinders. I bet there's a second reproducer hidden inside the cabinet.

Jerry B.

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

Looks like a nice combination, but the price is a touch high for these days, imho. That being said, if it were in my neighborhood I'd probably own it right now.

Best,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

Was fitted with a repeater at one time. My guess is that it was removed to allow for conversion to a 2/4 minute machine.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

A factory-installed repeater too!

George P.

Mormon S
Victor III
Personal Text:     Martin     "phono_fluff" on instagram

Post by Mormon S »

JerryVan wrote:Was fitted with a repeater at one time. My guess is that it was removed to allow for conversion to a 2/4 minute machine.
Oh wow, didnt catch that! It's unfortunate that it was removed, although it is possible that it's inside the bottom drawer of the cabinet along with the the other extras.

Martin

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

fran604g wrote:Looks like a nice combination, but the price is a touch high for these days, imho. That being said, if it were in my neighborhood I'd probably own it right now.

Best,
Fran

a touch high? $1000 for a decent complete 2/4 minute triumph, horn and a Herzog cabinet full of cylinders? people here regularly speak rather favorably of dealers like Raphael and firebottles and the machines they sell, which are usually very nice but the opposite of cheap (I can't recall seeing their prices ever really criticized). yet posts about machines like this, priced like this, still receive this type of comment. I'm by no means looking to provoke, it's just that the inconsistencies here at times get confusing.

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

brianu wrote:
fran604g wrote:Looks like a nice combination, but the price is a touch high for these days, imho. That being said, if it were in my neighborhood I'd probably own it right now.

Best,
Fran

a touch high? $1000 for a decent complete 2/4 minute triumph, horn and a Herzog cabinet full of cylinders? people here regularly speak rather favorably of dealers like Raphael and firebottles and the machines they sell, which are usually very nice but the opposite of cheap (I can't recall seeing their prices ever really criticized). yet posts about machines like this, priced like this, still receive this type of comment. I'm by no means looking to provoke, it's just that the inconsistencies here at times get confusing.
It can certainly be confusing. I've watched some amazing low prices sell over the last several years, and been very happy to purchase items at those low prices.

Just sayin'

Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

brianu wrote:

Best,
Fran

I agree with your surprise that $1000 is perceived as high for this. While I wouldn't call it a super bargain, it's not at all out of line for a really nice Triumph with a cylinder cabinet. The only weak thing to me is the small horn, but that is easily remedied.

However, comparing a Craigslist post with a price charged by a full-time dealer is IMHO mixing apples and oranges. Raphael and his peers are not selling something "as found" that has been collecting dust and sitting idle in someone's bark for decades. They are restoring everything to working condition mechanically, acoustically, and cosmetically. They may be paying for third parties' work, storage, equipment, advertising, etc., and in many cases servicing after the sale at no additional cost. None of this is cheap. The same machine will sell for vastly different prices depending on who is selling it and how they are backing it.

rgordon939
Victor V

Post by rgordon939 »

Plus in the fifth drawer there is a rare yellow box Amberol Special D cylinder box.

Rich Gordon