FOR SALE: HUGE jukebox lot postwar 78s!

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

FOR SALE: HUGE jukebox lot postwar 78s!

Post by gramophone-georg »

Somehow, years ago, I wound up with a huge lot of between 1000- 1100 post WW2 78 RPM from the era approx. 1948- 55. These are all super clean sleeved records, most with filing stickers on the labels. There's a ton of "Atomic Era" early mid century pop/ lounge music here- records like Tommy Dorsey on RCA Victor and Decca, Sammy Kaye, Percy Faith, Mel Torme, Mitch Miller, Rosemary Clooney, Doris Day, Russ Morgan, etc. with a good lot of really obscure oddball releases as well. These are mixed about half Disc Jockey promos and half regular issue. Some are super thin vinyl pressings and some are shellac. There's a smattering of light classical orchestra (think Boston Pops) and vocal (think Nelson Eddy). None of it is anything super valuable- no Elvis on Sun, for example- but there are a few early black vocal groups mixed in if memory serves... and, not being any sort of egg spurt on this era of music I could be wrong about there being nothing rare or valuable.

These would be ideal for a period jukebox or five. :D Most are in E condition- looks like just about all have hardly been played.

These are located in the Eugene/ Springfield Oregon area. Obviously shipping will be a major expense, but if you are willing to pay, I am willing to play. More sensible might be to check with the Jerry B Express as it is still running to Union despite cancellation of the show. If you are on the way to Union, or have someone who can get these from Union to you this could work. There may be an extra charge if I need to buy boxes to safely pack these- just actual cost of materials.

Anyways... I'm thinking $500 for the lot, or interesting trades. It would be a shame to let these go to a thrift- they are just too clean!
Attachments
IMG_1573.JPG
IMG_1574.JPG
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Re: FOR SALE: HUGE jukebox lot postwar 78s!

Couple more random photos for the morbidly curious. Be aware that these are mostly common labels- Coral, Decca, Columbia, OKeh, MGM, RCA Victor. There are oddballs mixed in, however, as can be seen.

Open to offers!
Attachments
IMG_1601.JPG
IMG_1600.JPG

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Re: FOR SALE: HUGE jukebox lot postwar 78s!

Half price sale- $250 or offer!