Sign arrived....

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
LShaped
Victor I
Personal Text: Seeking LShaped Door advertising

Sign arrived....

Post by LShaped »

And its simply AMAZING!! Unfortunately a lil damage in travels due to highly over engineered packing using crazzzy tape...sign bent/creaaed a lil...and found what looks like a new scratch...but still AMAZING. Love it!
Attachments
20200530_152524.jpg
20200530_144236.jpg
20200530_153259.jpg
20200530_153311.jpg
20200530_145259.jpg

melvind
Victor IV

Re: Sign arrived....

Post by melvind »

I hate it when people over tape things especially when they tape really tightly. It is not necessary and I have had issues with nearly damaging things attempting to get the tape off. For example, bubble wrap stays in place very well when something is wrapped in it. One small piece of tape is all that is necessary. But, some people wrap it in tape going every which way which makes it very difficult to unpack.

Maybe it is just me, but good packing does not require roles of tape! Just enough to secure things which takes a very small piece of tape usually only in one or two places.

LShaped
Victor I
Personal Text: Seeking LShaped Door advertising

Post by LShaped »

melvind wrote:I hate it when people over tape things especially when they tape really tightly. It is not necessary and I have had issues with nearly damaging things attempting to get the tape off. For example, bubble wrap stays in place very well when something is wrapped in it. One small piece of tape is all that is necessary. But, some people wrap it in tape going every which way which makes it very difficult to unpack.

Maybe it is just me, but good packing does not require roles of tape! Just enough to secure things which takes a very small piece of tape usually only in one or two places.
yup....not just you. lil sad yet amazingly happy to own this amazing piece!

startgroove
Victor III

Post by startgroove »

Yes! Wonderful sign! I wouldn't kick it off my wall!

Total agree with both you guys about the tape thing. Another thing I wish packers would adopt is to fold back about ½ inch of the end of the tape (or the beginning) so there is a small tab to grab onto when unpeeling the tape from the bubble wrap or whatever it is attached to.