My HMV102 Group Photo.

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
bikesteve
Victor Jr

Re: My HMV102 Group Photo.

Post by bikesteve »

phonosandradios wrote:What I want to know is how do you get such an old machine to look so amazingly pristine? They honestly look like they just came off the production line!!
I try and seek out the most intact unmolested looking cases, many originating from house clearances. Dirt, grime and even common paint splashes eventually come off revealing some lovely looking finishes. Removing rust from chrome fittings like handle clasps then re polishing takes hours but brings results. -Haven't yet 're chromed' anything.
Most have had simple mechanical issues associated with decades of storage but easily fixed with a strip down, clean and rebuild. Each 102 has its own challenges...

BassetHoundTrio
Victor I

Post by BassetHoundTrio »

epigramophone wrote:Since posting pictures of my recently acquired Brown 102 I have received several requests to post a group photo of my as yet incomplete collection, so here goes :
Wow! What a collection! I just sold one of my two black 102s - would definitely love a green one someday.

Antonia E
Victor O
Personal Text: Round, like a badger with a frizbee, running rings around a spoon...

Post by Antonia E »

Isn't it just utterly joyful that we all pour out such pride and love over these beautiful contraptions!

Simply wonderful things!
"I might of come across a darned sight cleverer if I'd kept my mouth shut....."

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

Another 102 joins the group, this time the rare "Tropical Teak" version. Stained to resemble mahogany, the original dark finish is exactly the same shade beneath the metal fittings, all of which were removed for cleaning. Note the distinctive ID plate which you will not find on any British built 102.

Still looking for the Grey version......
Attachments
IMG_2366.JPG
IMG_2367.JPG
IMG_2361.JPG

Orchorsol
Victor IV

Post by Orchorsol »

Wonderful Roger, congratulations!
BCN thorn needles made to the original 1920s specifications: http://www.burmesecolourneedles.com

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe4DNb ... TPE-zTAJGg?

nostalgia
Victor IV
Personal Text: Keep winding up

Post by nostalgia »

This is the real deal ! Congratulations a lot, Roger. It looks fabulous, original and well conserved!
It makes my day, no,,, week or even month, to be able to see such photos. :clover: