Wayne Mechanical Music Extravaganza in October

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
rgordon939
Victor V

Wayne Mechanical Music Extravaganza in October

Post by rgordon939 »

Well the question is will there be a Phonograph Show in Wayne New Jersey this October. I checked the Wayne PAL building and see that the show is still listed for October 11th. As of right now I don’t believe the rules in NJ would allow it to take place inside the building. I wonder if the PAL would allow the show to take place outside on both days, Saturday and Sunday. Also if they would how many of the vendors would be willing to come as set up outside? Maybe if Mike Devecka reads this he could share his thoughts on the show. Would also like to hear everyone’s thoughts and opinions.

Rich Gordon

Victor VI

Re: Wayne Mechanical Music Extravaganza in October

Post by 52089 »

I think there's an awful lot that can (and will) happen between now and then and there's no real way to even begin to guess what situation we'll be in in 3 months. I hope things will be better!

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

52089 wrote:I think there's an awful lot that can (and will) happen between now and then and there's no real way to even begin to guess what situation we'll be in in 3 months. I hope things will be better!
I agree 100%. Having just returned from a 3,000 mile trip up and down the East Coast, it was certainly depressing and not encouraging looking forward. Nobody knows when this will end.

Raphael

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

The website now lists the status of the October show as "Uncertain". I would sincerely doubt that there will be a show given the recent spikes in cases. It would seem unlikely that there will be a significant improvement with enough lead time to allow this to happen.

rgordon939
Victor V

Post by rgordon939 »

I spoke with Charley Hummel last week and he seems to think the show will take place in October. He said a couple other shows have been held in the firehouse down the street, so let’s keep our fingers crossed.

Rich Gordon

TAP
Victor Jr

Post by TAP »

New Jersey currently has a voluntary self-quarantine for 34 states.

BillH_NJ
Victor II

Post by BillH_NJ »

And cases are rising again here, so I think it may be too soon to predict how things will look in October.

Bill

Granby
Victor II
Personal Text: The Granby Phonograph Historian

Post by Granby »

Positive vibes! I am optimistic that this virus will start to decline by then... It has peaked and declined elsewhere. It was simply very delayed in rural areas. Tourist prone areas had a spike because of the influx of outsiders (Coastal NC, Florida, Texas, etc., etc.) Enough of that, back to phonographs!

I still would like to attend my first show and will keep my fingers crossed maybe this event in October might be the one. I kind of like the idea of having it outside and some moderate social distancing. Probably too soon to think much about it things stand at the moment, though. Plus, I have a warehouse full of stuff that really needs to go... :D
- Chris
Licensed Funeral Director (NC/VA) Historian, Collector, Enthusiast.....

Author of: Norfolk's Greatest Home Furnishers: The Story of Phillip Levy & Co. and The Granby Phonograph

rgordon939
Victor V

Post by rgordon939 »

I was kind of hoping that we could have a two day show in the parking lot. On Saturday we have the normal parking lot get together and then on Sunday the usual indoor tables are set up outside in the front parking lot right outside the entrance . This way the show could go on without all the legal indoor restrictions. Just a suggestion.

Rich Gordon

ymg200
Victor O

Post by ymg200 »

NJ is opening indoor dining this Friday, so there is hope....