Wayne Mechanical Music Extravaganza in October

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Victor VI

Re: Wayne Mechanical Music Extravaganza in October

Post by 52089 »

rgordon939 wrote:I was kind of hoping that we could have a two day show in the parking lot. On Saturday we have the normal parking lot get together and then on Sunday the usual indoor tables are set up outside in the front parking lot right outside the entrance . This way the show could go on without all the legal indoor restrictions. Just a suggestion.

Rich Gordon
Sounds like a good idea, but the reduced parking and the possibility of rain would make this a bit difficult. I haven't been following the numbers in NJ, but given interstate quarantine requirements, attendance would probably be down significantly. I would probably be OK with an inside show as long as the crowd size is managed appropriately. Perhaps they would let us use the larger gym to spread things out more?

rgordon939
Victor V

Post by rgordon939 »

On the USPS Informed Delivery website I just received a notice that a letter is coming from Michael Devecka about the Mechanical Music Extravaganza. It should be delivered later today. So we should have a definite answer on the Wayne show. Will post more when I receive it.

Rich Gordon

edisonclassm
Victor II

Post by edisonclassm »

Something funny is happening at the USPS. I've been waiting a couple of weeks for a package to arrive from Mass. The tracking shows that it has been stuck in a warehouse in Buffalo and that has been well over a week and a half. I would recommend that anyone sending stuff out use UPS or FedEx if they want it to get there quickly otherwise it will get caught in the USPS mail slowdown

rgordon939
Victor V

Post by rgordon939 »

Same problem here in NJ. Mailed a package of cylinders on Sept 4th and as of today there is not one scan in the package anywhere. It’s like it just disappeared into thin air. Happened once before also, package only got a scan the day it was delivered. These are all problems due to the coronavirus and the lack of workers to process mail, all the other talk about a slowdown is all political BS.

Rich Gordon

phonolady
Victor I

Post by phonolady »

Rich,
I agree with you 100%, USPS is short of workers. Two months ago I sent a package

PRIORITY MAIL from Dallas to Chicago area that was supposed to get there in 3 days,

This was a phonograph case, it got within 100 miles and then stalled. I thought it was lost forever,

but AFTER 6 WEEKS IT WAS DELIVERED. The case was repaired and sent back FED EX, 2 DAYS to Dallas.

All the best,

David Rosamond

outune
Victor IV

Post by outune »

A quick shipping comment then back to the Wayne discussion-

A couple weeks ago I ordered a gift card from a university bookstore to give to a high school graduate. Just a credit card sized gift card from 180 miles away. It was sent to me through UPS and was supposed to arrive within two days. 13 days later it showed up-- The tracking info showed "on-time" for the 2nd day delivery by 9:00 pm.... for about 4 days-- It even showed it being scanned in at the UPS Center about 12 miles from my home less than 24 hours after it was ordered-- BUT- Then the tracking info changed to a message saying "in-transit" until it showed up 13 days after the order. So-- It seems to not just be USPS. I just sent a Trademark Stained Glass piece to a forum member and it got there safely and on-time with USPS.

I, too, hope to receive the info from Mike Devecka soon- I know we are all waiting to see what is happening with the show-- Then, we may be faced with the decision about whether to attend-- I'm about 5 hours away, but would likely opt for a one day drive, to and from, just to avoid hotel and restaurants. I did that last fall for different reasons and it worked well for me and a fellow collector.

Hope to see many of you at Wayne--

Brad Abell

rgordon939
Victor V

Post by rgordon939 »

The Wayne Show if officially cancelled.

Rich Gordon
Attachments
F02EABA1-5369-47BA-8BDD-E58CB422C9C4.jpeg

Inigo
Victor VI