FREE---just pay shipping Tchaikovsky

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
emerson
Victor III

FREE---just pay shipping Tchaikovsky

Post by emerson »

First time I offered Beethoven cassettes and they went to a good home --Will do it again. This time --- RCA Victor Red Seal Records -- Tchaikovsky, Symphony No. 2, in C minor ("Little Russian"), Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Eugene Goossens, Conductor. If this is something you want for Christmas--get it now, just pay shipping and Enjoy. ---Herb

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Re: FREE---just pay shipping Tchaikovsky

Post by gramophone-georg »

emerson wrote:First time I offered Beethoven cassettes and they went to a good home --Will do it again. This time --- RCA Victor Red Seal Records -- Tchaikovsky, Symphony No. 2, in C minor ("Little Russian"), Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Eugene Goossens, Conductor. If this is something you want for Christmas--get it now, just pay shipping and Enjoy. ---Herb
Herb- 78s or LPs?
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

emerson
Victor III

Post by emerson »

If you drop them, I'd say they would break----4-12"records in album

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Someone said Tchaikovsky 78s?

Let me know if no one else is interested--

emerson
Victor III

Post by emerson »

VEF1914, If I don't hear from the first gentleman, then they will go to you. The next give-away will be either Victor Red Seal records, Ravel Bolero, Boston Symphony Orchestra, Serge Koussevitzky, Conductor or Columbia, Ravel: rapsodie espagnole, the Cleveland orchestra, conducted by Arthur Rodzinski----these are both 2 (12") record sets. You will have the pick of your choice, if you don't get the other set------Herb

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

emerson wrote:VEF1914, If I don't hear from the first gentleman, then they will go to you. The next give-away will be either Victor Red Seal records, Ravel Bolero, Boston Symphony Orchestra, Serge Koussevitzky, Conductor or Columbia, Ravel: rapsodie espagnole, the Cleveland orchestra, conducted by Arthur Rodzinski----these are both 2 (12") record sets. You will have the pick of your choice, if you don't get the other set------Herb
Hi Herb-
Getting back to this- if they are RCA 78s I will defer to Eppy on these. I play my records on early changers so the beveled edge of RCA pressings isn't ideal, nor is the narrower groove.

If you have some Scroll or gold circular label 1920s- 30s classical sets in AM or DM sequence I'd be interested in buying these, even.

I also collect Shaded Dog LPs, so I would have been interested had this offering been for that. I also collect Columbia Royal Blue and Flag label sets (any sequence) as well as the early Victor blue or red label batwing sets.

Best, George
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Address sent-

If I saw any of the batwing sets around here I would be surprised. They really don't turn up--it's like records from the 1910s and '20s show up, but nothing pre-1910 and nothing in a boxed set from before 1935. I saw one set of acoustic 78s once, some Mendelssohn on Columbia, but they were selling these near-mint discs with an old Victrola humpback console which I have no room for even if it was really a nice record player.

I'm still using a portable Grafonola I traded for from George--probably one of the few trouble-free gramophones--and since it's got pretty great range & tone and I like classical music I collect a lot of that. It'd be nice to find the older recordings but so far, no dice. Columbia Masterworks of the '30s and '40s play very well on it.

But right now if I'm taking on records I need to get rid of some records so there will be some popping up in the Trader shortly, 10" 1920s blues, hillbilly, etc. as I don't plan to keep a ton of those--think they need to go to a regular collector, not someone like me who just enjoys vintage music & good classic phonographs.