1907 POPE Pius X SISTINE CHAPEL CHOIR Palestrina SICUT CERVU

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
soundgen
Victor V

1907 POPE Pius X SISTINE CHAPEL CHOIR Palestrina SICUT CERVU

Post by soundgen »

I have a copy of this record on a Gramophone concert record rather than a Victor , I saw the Victor one on popsike . is anyone interested in this copy ?

1907 POPE Pius X SISTINE CHAPEL CHOIR Palestrina SICUT CERVUS BARON KANZLER 78

https://www.popsike.com/1907-POPE-Pius- ... 83832.html

I have thousands of 78s in Bedford if anyone wants to look at them or send me your wants list :D

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Re: 1907 POPE Pius X SISTINE CHAPEL CHOIR Palestrina SICUT C

Post by Inigo »

I'd like to have very simple things... Basically the Sydney Torch organ records (Columbia and Decca) I'm still missing, and the original British Parlophones by Roberto Inglez and the Savoy hotel orchestra.
Columbia in Spain issued some of the Torch Decca records, but not all, and never EMI-Gramófono issued any of his British Columbias. I can make a list of what i need.
The problem with the Savoy records is that they were issued profusely by Gramófono in the Odeon label here, but I don't know why, our Barcelona people almost always dubbed the original records. Maybe they didn't have access to the metal parts, or who knows. And it's very annoying, for the loss of clarity. I can also make a list, but I need to check first what was published by British Parlophones and what I have in dubbed matrixes, to sort out a list of wanted ones.
It is not going to be very profitable for you, as I'll buy maybe 40 records in all... but you'd have to browse thru your enormous collection to look after them... Unless you already have them classified so they can be easily extracted from the storage...
If it's ready for you to get them, then we'll go ahead. Don't feel any compromise, I just want to ask you how difficult it would be for you to locate these records... and how much would you charge for them. Condition doesn't matter, as long as they're not broken, and play well (from V+ up).
Inigo

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

Inigo wrote:I'd like to have very simple things... Basically the Sydney Torch organ records (Columbia and Decca) I'm still missing, and the original British Parlophones by Roberto Inglez and the Savoy hotel orchestra.
Columbia in Spain issued some of the Torch Decca records, but not all, and never EMI-Gramófono issued any of his British Columbias. I can make a list of what i need.
The problem with the Savoy records is that they were issued profusely by Gramófono in the Odeon label here, but I don't know why, our Barcelona people almost always dubbed the original records. Maybe they didn't have access to the metal parts, or who knows. And it's very annoying, for the loss of clarity. I can also make a list, but I need to check first what was published by British Parlophones and what I have in dubbed matrixes, to sort out a list of wanted ones.
It is not going to be very profitable for you, as I'll buy maybe 40 records in all... but you'd have to browse thru your enormous collection to look after them... Unless you already have them classified so they can be easily extracted from the storage...
If it's ready for you to get them, then we'll go ahead. Don't feel any compromise, I just want to ask you how difficult it would be for you to locate these records... and how much would you charge for them. Condition doesn't matter, as long as they're not broken, and play well (from V+ up).
I'll look as I go along and Any I find will be free ! Just post

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

I have been looking for years for "Nashville Nightingale" by the Piccadilly Revels Band, hope you have it. Also, any British Monarchy related recordings or any Puzzle Records.

Let me know...
Curt
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

Curt A wrote:I have been looking for years for "Nashville Nightingale" by the Piccadilly Revels Band, hope you have it. Also, any British Monarchy related recordings or any Puzzle Records.

Let me know...
Curt

Royalty records coming soon ! I'll pm How about Churchill ?

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

Churchill might be interesting...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Orchorsol
Victor IV

Post by Orchorsol »

What a strange coincidence, I've just bought a copy of this!

Very tempting to come and look through your records, if I can arrange it sometime...
BCN thorn needles made to the original 1920s specifications: http://www.burmesecolourneedles.com

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe4DNb ... TPE-zTAJGg?

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

Curt A wrote:I have been looking for years for "Nashville Nightingale" by the Piccadilly Revels Band, hope you have it. Also, any British Monarchy related recordings or any Puzzle Records.

Let me know...
Curt
hello Curt

hope you got this email

I've just been looking at post ( Royal Mail / USPS ) costs to the USA and as far as I can see it is prohibitive , I reckon 1 12" 78 suitably protected to arrive intact for the journey will now cost an astonishing £25 ( $32 ) While 3 would cost £32 ( $41 )

also checked 3 records with UPS and Fedex and it is no cheaper I guess shipping of $10 per disc it's got to be something rare and valuable to bother

This price hike was commented on the forum

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=46687

Regards

Mike

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Post by drh »

If you happen to come across any Marie Novello records, I'm looking for any of the probably few that I don't have already. I think I have all the ones on the list in her Wikipedia article. I know there's at least one Debussy record on Edison Bell Velvet Face that I'm lacking.

In a completely different line, I'm interested in just about any records of Portuguese soprano Arminda Correia, particularly in music of Ruy Coelho (other than the two on English Columbia J 906, her sole record that I already have).

As long as I'm throwing "hail Mary passes," I'm interested in Pathé complete opera sets or outtakes from them; I have several, none complete.

Thank you for making this offer to the assembled masses here!

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

It could be an enormous task, just imagine being capable of completing the missing records of classical sets... Kind of 'let me pass one month there', just browsing through that enormous pile of 78s, sorting all them, just to pick a few ones... A nightmare, or a real pleasure! In non-covid time this could be done, without disturbing the owner, but now... It's the dream of a collector!
I love doing these things, although you end very tired... If you have space to spread around classified piles... And also lots of spare time!
The biggest lot at an antique shop that I've browsed through entirely was something like 2500 x 78s... And I didn't sort them, although I was tempted to do it... I was alone in a faraway room in the store...
Imagine several of us could go there, as a team, spending some time organising that enormous collection.... And others playing records meanwhile, for general enjoyment. Catering and all! It could be the dreamed holidays ! :D
Inigo