Edison Blue Amberol 2933,"True To The Flag"by US Marine Band

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
edisonplayer
Victor IV

Edison Blue Amberol 2933,"True To The Flag"by US Marine Band

Post by edisonplayer »

I have a copy of Blue Amberol 2933 by the US Marine Band and it has a flat and that's pretty late for a flat end Blue Amberol. The selection was originally on a wax Amberol.I remember that Edison did have a few later flat end Blue Amberols that used old wax Amberol molds. edisonplayer.

edisonplayer
Victor IV

Re: Edison Blue Amberol 2933,"True To The Flag"by US Marine

Post by edisonplayer »

I read in the first volume of Ron Dethlefson's Blue Amberol book about Edison having the flat top with reissues from the wax Amberol of the United States Marine Band before 1921.I believe another reissue,"Manila Waltz",issued in September,1920,may also be a flat top BA.Does anyone know?edisonplayer.

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

edisonplayer wrote:I read in the first volume of Ron Dethlefson's Blue Amberol book about Edison having the flat top with reissues from the wax Amberol of the United States Marine Band before 1921.I believe another reissue,"Manila Waltz",issued in September,1920,may also be a flat top BA.Does anyone know?edisonplayer.
Here is one for sale on eBay with a round top. How did the moulding get past quality control, or was there no quality control by 1920?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Edison-wax-c ... 1438.l2649
Attachments
Manila.jpg

rgordon939
Victor V

Post by rgordon939 »

edisonplayer wrote:I read in the first volume of Ron Dethlefson's Blue Amberol book about Edison having the flat top with reissues from the wax Amberol of the United States Marine Band before 1921.I believe another reissue,"Manila Waltz",issued in September,1920,may also be a flat top BA.Does anyone know?edisonplayer.
The only listing I see for Manila Waltz is cylinder #4068 issued in 1920, is that the one you think is a flat top?

Rich Gordon

edisonplayer
Victor IV

Post by edisonplayer »

My copy of 2933 has a flat top. I wonder if there were any copies with the beveled title edge?The 4033,Manila Waltz,clearly has a beveled title edge.edisonplayer.