Is that a Pathé?

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
muzafan
Victor Jr
Personal Text: I like old tech phonographs in particular

Is that a Pathé?

Post by muzafan »

There is an auction where this horn machine is beeing sold and it is reffered to as a Thorens but I rhink its just because of the reproducer. The only marking on the machine sais „Modele D” but I found nothing simillar looking for a Thorens. The break seemes to be from a Pathé. Can anyone recognize this machine?
Attachments
F19F198E-0023-4223-8106-53505DE7038C.png

CarlosV
Victor IV

Re: Is that a Pathé?

Post by CarlosV »

The back bracket is Pathé with the wrong arm. The box is similar to the nr 17, but not the same. It may be a cobbled-up machine. Unless it can be inspected before buying, I would stay away.

john9ten
Victor II

Post by john9ten »

muzafan wrote:There is an auction where this horn machine is beeing sold and it is reffered to as a Thorens but I rhink its just because of the reproducer. The only marking on the machine sais „Modele D” but I found nothing simillar looking for a Thorens. The break seemes to be from a Pathé. Can anyone recognize this machine?
This machine only has a few parts of a Pathé Modele D. I have attached two pics of a modele D, you can see a huge difference.
Attachments
Pathe Model D.jpg
PAthe Model D 2.jpg
PAthe Model D 2.jpg (62.88 KiB) Viewed 1054 times

Sidewinder
Victor III

Post by Sidewinder »

Dzien Dobry

I agree with John9ten, tending toward a probably new built cabinet using many original parts. The tone arm is perhaps slightly modified too.

Whoever created it did a good job as it looks quite presentable.