HELP WITH VAIUE OF LITTLE WONDER PHONOGRAPH

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Phonotom
Victor II
Personal Text: phonograph collector

HELP WITH VAIUE OF LITTLE WONDER PHONOGRAPH

Post by Phonotom »

Hi, A picker friend of mine just sent me the picture of the Little Wonder phonograph. Can anyone give me an Idea of what these are going for? I just need an idea as you can see the condition. It does play. Thanks for your help. Tom
Attachments
wonder 1.jpg

soundgen
Victor V

Re: HELP WITH VAIUE OF LITTLE WONDER PHONOGRAPH

Post by soundgen »

One sold here for $529 Ain't Google wonderful :D

https://www.skinnerinc.com/auctions/2170/lots/1

and another for $823

https://www.skinnerinc.com/auctions/2283/lots/4

So yours is worth $2200 perhaps :lol: Don't rip him off :lol:

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

It has a very nice decal and, if fully functional, I think it's worth in the $250 to $350 range. The poor paint on the horn could be easily corrected. After stripping I'd use some satin black and your eye would not be drawn to it in a negative way. My opinion only...

Jerry B.

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

As always... the question: "What are these going for?", should be followed by: "Here is the asking price." Actually, the question should be: "I'm looking at a machine that is priced $xxx, is that a good price for one of these?

Since the prices can be all over the place (you have $529, $823, $250-$350), the only relevant thing is what is the price of the machine you are looking at? It's the only way to get an idea of whether its relatively affordable, an absolute bargain or an obvious rip off. AND, as always, its "Condition, Condition, Condition" and the machine in the picture doesn't look in good enough condition to pay top dollar...

The most important question is: Do you like it well enough to buy it for the asking price?
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

Curt A wrote:As always... the question: "What are these going for?", should be followed by: "Here is the asking price." Actually, the question should be: "I'm looking at a machine that is priced $xxx, is that a good price for one of these?

Since the prices can be all over the place (you have $529, $823, $250-$350), the only relevant thing is what is the price of the machine you are looking at? It's the only way to get an idea of whether its relatively affordable, an absolute bargain or an obvious rip off. AND, as always, its "Condition, Condition, Condition" and the machine in the picture doesn't look in good enough condition to pay top dollar...

The most important question is: Do you like it well enough to buy it for the asking price?

$529 didn't have a transfer and was in 2003 , the horn on this one is easily dealt with $529 in 2003 is $770 now less $10 to refinish the horn :D

Phonotom
Victor II
Personal Text: phonograph collector

Post by Phonotom »

Hi all, The little Wonder is on a tag sale. It will be listed for 425.00. Thanks for all the help. Tom

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

Phonotom wrote:Hi all, The little Wonder is on a tag sale. It will be listed for 425.00. Thanks for all the help. Tom

What's a tag sale ? :?

Roaring20s
Victor V
Personal Text: Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music. Nietzsche

Post by Roaring20s »

soundgen wrote:
Phonotom wrote:Hi all, The little Wonder is on a tag sale. It will be listed for 425.00. Thanks for all the help. Tom
What's a tag sale ? :?
A tag sale is the same as a jumble sale or a rummage sale. ;)

James.

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

Whereabouts and when is the tag sale ?