For Sale Victor 8-30 $275.00

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
phonojim
Victor IV

For Sale Victor 8-30 $275.00

Post by phonojim »

I’m offering for sale my mahogany spring motor 8-30. This Machine has been well maintained during the time I have owned it; the potmetal reproducer was rebuilt some years ago, the motor was completely disassembled, cleaned, lube and adjusted about a year ago and the tone arm bracket was replaced with a cast brass on from Ron Sitko. There are no potmetal concerns whatsoever with this machine and it is ready to be your go-to machine for ‘20s and early ‘30s electrically recorded records.
The cabinet is sound and shows well although there are some scratches and nicks in the finish and a couple of deeper gouges also. I had treated the cabinet with Howard’s mahogany Restor-A-Finish which improved the appearance. Many of the defects show up more in the photos than they did when it was on display in my phonograph room. There are paint flecks in places as well. There is also a split on the right edge of the lid which is shown in one of the pictures.
I have owned this machine for over 20 years, and the only reason it is for sale is that I recently purchased a 2 door Credenza with an induction disc motor and a brass reproducer and I do not have enough room for both machines.
I live in Howell, MI and would prefer in-person pickup. I may be able to meet you within about a 50 mile radius or I will work with you to coordinate shipping.
If you would like pictures of anything not shown here, please ask.

Jim
Attachments
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6A.jpg
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG
12.JPG
13.JPG

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Re: For Sale Victor 8-30 $275.00

Post by JerryVan »

That is a truly gorgeous example Jim. If I didn't have 3 already, I'd be all over that!

phonojim
Victor IV

Post by phonojim »

I can bring this to the Stanton auction in November for pickup if that helps anyone.

Jim

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Post by drh »

This machine is lovely. If someone were willing to carry it from seller's location to mine in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC, I'd buy it and give him--or her!--my current, scruffy but mechanically functional, needs-a-reproducer-rebuild-job credenza in return for the transportation. Call me paranoid, but I won't be going to Stanton's (or any shows or other mass gathering type events or, for that matter, anywhere that requires travel) at least until the virus situation is over.

MTPhono
Victor III

Post by MTPhono »

What a deal - wish you were closer!

phonojim
Victor IV

Post by phonojim »

drh, check your PMs.

Jim

phonojim
Victor IV

Post by phonojim »

Bump

Redheadjj
Victor Jr

Post by Redheadjj »

Is this Credenza still for sale? Thanks.