Pathé' Actuelle model H

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
stetam
Victor II

Pathé' Actuelle model H

Post by stetam »

Finally got down to downloading the initial playing of the Pathé' Actuelle model H I picked up for $35 a month or so ago. Cabinet has come apart at the joints, has warped and lifted veneer so I already removed most of the bad stuff will be replacing it with new soon. I am impressed with the sound quality and look forward to try and make it sound even better. Any thing I should do on the reproducer arm to get better sound? It's sounds great now so just leave it alone?

Playing Victor record 35937 Over There by Victor Male Chorus

https://youtu.be/pdspHAtxIik
Attachments
Pathe 2.jpg
Pathe 1.jpg

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Re: Pathé' Actuelle model H

Post by Inigo »

It sounds very well!
Inigo

JohnM
Victor V

Post by JohnM »

“Reproducer arm” = ‘diffusor’
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

CarlosV
Victor IV

Post by CarlosV »

Congratulations for the purchase, it is a very nice machine! There are some adjustments that can be done to tighten the connection of the rod that comes from the needle to the paper cone, however the sound on the video clip tells me that there is no need to do anything, it is already sounding as well as it can get. Its motor is also very sturdy and quiet, a two-spring Heinemann. You will find, if haven't yet, that it plays vertical records very well. I use mine almost only in the vertical setting.

audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

Post by audiophile102 »

After watching the video it was clear to me that your Actuelle must be saved. If I had seen it before you did, I'm sure I would have passed on buying it and I would have been wrong. :oops: Congratulations and I hope you update the post with cabinet restoration pictures.
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."

phonosandradios
Victor II
Personal Text: So many audio formats, so little listening time!

Post by phonosandradios »

It might look rough but doe sound great. It gets a thumbs up from me
I am interested in all forms of audio media including: gramophones, phonographs, wire recorders, the tefifon, reel to reel tapes, radiograms and radios.