ANKER GERMAN RECORDS.

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
old country chemist
Victor II

Re: ANKER GERMAN RECORDS.

Post by old country chemist »

Thank you "sidewinder" for posting what must be an unusual item-an "ANKER" record bag. Good to see you have an acoustic Marek Weber record in the bag, "Electric Girl" a novel piece of music. I always think the acoustic days for Weber were his best-he got too slick and polished later on, but to be fair, the playing from a "light orchestra such as his was near perfect.My speciality in collecting is of the many British, German, French, Spanish and other continental light orchestras since the beginning of recording.
There is one acoustic PARLOPHON gramophone record that I have been looking for over the last 55 years. It is one by Marek Weber, the title is "DALAMEH" a fox trot written by the famous Rudolph Nelson who was a composer and conductor, featured many times in collaboration with other up and coming composers producing music for "racy" shows in the 1920s.
Great stuff!!

Sidewinder
Victor III

Re: ANKER GERMAN RECORDS.

Post by Sidewinder »

Something slightly on the Anker topic.

These are the instructions off an Imperator coin-op (which I an trying to complete by finding a similar machine. I know there is a museum somewhere in Europe with an Imperator - so anyone who knows, this would be most helpful!)

Instruction 2. Put an Anker record on the Turntable.
Attachments
imperator.JPG
imperator.JPG (31.34 KiB) Viewed 545 times
adl2.jpg