Milford Fargo Ada Jones Record Lists

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
SimpleLifers
Victor O

Milford Fargo Ada Jones Record Lists

Post by SimpleLifers »

Anyone have a copy of Milford’s record and cylinder list for Ada Jones? I have been compiling a list for years now and would like to sync the two.

Are any of his notes or presentations preserved? Hurts my heart to think all of that was tossed.

Rick E
Victor Jr

Re: Milford Fargo Ada Jones Record Lists

Post by Rick E »

I have copies of Fargo's typescripts. They are long so I do not know the best way to get them to you or to post them. "Cylinders" is 13 pages, "Discs" is 37 pages, and "Addenda" is 6 pages. If no one else has them readily available, I can Xerox or scan or something.
Rick

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

Rick E wrote:I have copies of Fargo's typescripts. They are long so I do not know the best way to get them to you or to post them. "Cylinders" is 13 pages, "Discs" is 37 pages, and "Addenda" is 6 pages. If no one else has them readily available, I can Xerox or scan or something.
Rick
If you were to scan them to PDF and post them, I'm sure many people here would love to see them.

SimpleLifers
Victor O

Post by SimpleLifers »

My plan is to make a digital copy available once I sync mine with his. Based on my working knowledge there were some he missed but remarkable achievement given his pre internet resources.

Henry
Victor V

Post by Henry »

I thought the name was familiar to me. Milford Fargo was an instructor in music education at the Eastman School of Music during my student years there (1959-64), although I did not know him.

Skihawx
Victor III

Post by Skihawx »

I remember selling him Ada Jones records 35 or 40 years ago.